Sign in to follow this  
DMTwired

is this a decent comp?

Thats a great processor, shouldnt have any issues with it speed-wise.

I didn't even see that the video card was a radeon, i read ASUS and didnt even read the rest... (shame shame, i know). I have no issues with radeon, thats what i have in my laptop right now (1gb).

I'm jelly of this set up... damn laptops..

haha this is like my computer except the case,motherboard and videocard :P

I have the exact same processor, it is great I never lag in game or anything. My CPU usage is always below 20(thats with steam, teamspeak, opera,msn,and skype) opened up.

I have 8GB ram - works great for me.

My videocard is a ATI Radeon HD 6770 1GB ddr5 - this shit is amazing, ran crysis on high no lag. ran saints row on ultra no lag, ran prototype 2 on very high no lag. Yours is a newer one so it SHOULD perform better than mine.

Your HD(Hard Drive) is decent - 500 is kinda "small" now adays though, i would go for a 1 Terrabyte - but it's up to you.

Also, get a higher wattage on the power supply. Get atleast a 650 watt, or a 750 watt.

Other than that, it looks good to me :) I built mine literally a year ago ^_^ i love this bitch.

idk much about computers but im pretty sure a 500w power supply isnt gunna be the best to get. i would suggest a 700w im also getting a radeon 7770 been looking at reviews for it and it runs pretty much everything on high

Intel Core i5-3470, Asus Radeon HD 7770, Thermaltake VL80001W2Z - System Build - PCPartPicker[/url] updated

nice, love the feedback. hopefully i can rustle up some money to get this asap

good :)

goodluck!

If you're gonna overclock, I recommend the 3570k, it's well worth the 30$, and if you really wanna be cheap, you can get the i3. It's not much of a performance loss, especially if you're not overclocking, but yeah.