Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Possibly a new LR option?

TL;DR An LR option in which the T plays a game of Black Jack against a CT and wins profit in terms of credits (or loses). Short and sweet.

Alright so, with the removal of the "Rebel" option, i'm looking for something else to fill that void. I'm also thinking of a fun and ideal option to, in a way, earn Credits. Now, this 'idea' actually comes from another server (I honestly don't quite remember the server) in that, while you are dead you are able to play a mini game with another player (One of them was pong).

Not only was that option to rebel removed, but there was also another option removed from the servers, and this was the option of Gambling. I'm sure everyone remembers what it did for you, but for those who don't, it allowed you to basically gamble for credits through games like Blackjack where you could either lose what you bet, gain two fold, etc. What does this have to do with what i'm proposing? Calm your shit, i'm getting to it.

Now, here's where it gets interesting and somewhat technical. What if, and that's a big If, you could add an option to Last Request, of which enables you to gamble against a CT (This of course being Black Jack as it is the quickest form)? Basically, you would pick the option and pick the CT you wish to gamble with. Now here's where it gets you. The T may select the option of throwing 1-5 credits into the "pot" as well as the CT. This leads to a total amount of 5 credits being won of course, with the added benefit that you don't lose any of yours. Of course this may not apply to all CTs, as not all of them may even have 5 creds (which may be hard to believe because that's pretty much just playing on the server for 5+ mins) in which case, the list of CTs that shows up for the T only shows those who have credits.

Here's what it would look like in case it's hard to wrap your head around the concept. The T chips in 1-5 of his/her credits, and the CT chips in 1-5 of his/her credits. There is now a total of 10 credits in the pot. The dealer (isn't included in the game itself, is just a program to deal the cards out) gives each player his/her two cards. One card of which is shown to the Other player, while the other card remains hidden. The T and CT then have the option to either 'Double Down', 'Stand' or 'Hit'. These options would mean the following:

Double Down: The player takes a chance and takes ONLY ONE more card from the dealer, heightening the overall pot up to 15 creds (10 creds for the player who doubles down instead of 5 if the max number of creds between both players is 10), however, if they lose, they end up Losing 10 creds instead of 5. If both players decide to Double Down, the pot heightens up to a max of 20. This means that if the T wins with the highest hand below 21, they end up winning 20 creds

Stand: The player does not take any more cards, and keeps their hand as is.

Hit: The player takes Another card, elevating their total hand in order to achieve 21 or a number below.

Now, just to clarify even MORE, here's another description (Post is long enough as it is, going to spoiler it):

T throws in 5 credits

CT throws in 5 credits

Max Output = 10 credits

T Doubles Down = 10 credits

CT Double Down = 10 credits

Max Output = 20 credits

Just about done my wall of text guys, I gotta be hell'a indepth with this.

Alright, so, summing it up. The only real problem I see being faced here is the coding or programming or whatever it is. I'm not sure whether all of this is even remotely possible, or whether anyone in our community could even take a whack at it. So, what do you guys think of all this?

- Dat guy, Forest

I really enjoy this idea. There should also be bets on, like who gets lr? or last ct? or which person wins the lr? Just some ideas. +1

How about Suicide?

First person to commit suicide wins!

Without typing kill or explode in console :p

How about Suicide?

First person to commit suicide wins!

Without typing kill or explode in console :p

Genious.

Blackjack might not work extremely well e.g, if both players bust or its a push. High-Low is quicker, more effecient and if there is a tie, it is a quick enough restart to not cause a lot of issues. As for betting, having spectators bet on the LR would work well even now, without the gambling function e.g when LR is activated everyone in the server can do:

>!bet "team" [amount] 

For example, !bet CT 250

to win an X payout (possible a 1.5:1 ratio since 2 is high). Of course this would work well for gambling, but could be implemented to LR in general. This is a similar function to some pub servers that have a !bet command per team (e.g, !bet T all). Just my two cents.

TLDR:

Change blackjack to high-low

Add a !bet command for LR in general (with restrictions [e.g, max amount (500) and a 1.5:1 payout])

Change blackjack to high-low

Add a !bet command for LR in general (with restrictions [e.g, max amount (500) and a 1.5:1 payout])

Alright so what you're saying is it'd be too difficult to implement Blackjack for this sort of thing?

Or just that there would be too many bugged parts of it, because the way I see it, if the player busts, they end up dying. I don't think it'd be possible to have Both bust at the same time, it would be one person over the other where a system could be implemented where it's a randomized generator of who goes first. (CT and T get their two cards, then one is randomly selected to choose to Hit/DoubleDown/Stand). As for Pushing, if both players get the same hands, then their cards are discarded and two more cards are generated.

Also yeah, adding a betting system as to who wins the Last Request would be pretty sweet, however; the thing is it could easily be abused (CT or T agrees to take a dive and purposely lose, giving anyone who bets on CT or T so-and-so amount of credits).

EDIT: Didn't realize that you meant the CT team, and not a CT them self. Could see this being something that's viable

This is a really cool idea. I think betting itself should be added to the server kinda like what ab said being able to bet on who gets lr/who will get last ct something like that would be nice. or maybe instead of blackjack add an option to were you could do a no scope/knife fight and the ct/t participating can bet a certain amount of credits.

add an option to were you could do a no scope/knife fight and the ct/t participating can bet a certain amount of credits.

The problem with that is, like I said, it can be easily abused by two players who are friends (CT or T intentionally loses for the other to get free creds).

Honestly, at this point, i'm agreeing with the whole bet on which team will win to a maximum of say, 125 credits. That way it's not too substantial to the point where you get rich quick, and you win a max of 250 credits (enough for a trail)

As for my idea on the whole Black Jack LR, there aren't really enough people for it. I'll leave this thread up for another week or so before I request to have it closed.

I don't think they should involve credits in any way

Under normal circumstances I would completely agree with you, but you gotta think outside the box. Not only will it be returning gambling to the server, but it would bring more activity and more Ts driven to get Last Request. Not to mention it would give a physical means of obtaining credits (Other then by playing on the server).

It would be more fun to actually have stakes as well, cause I mean, just winning against a single T is lame. As a CT, you only get to play against One T every Last Request (whereas the T can challenge any remaining CTs), why not make it a little more interesting when the T picks his target? If credits are an issue, then you could even lower the amount of Creds that can be put into the pot. It would still motivate people to be more active on the server if they get a chance to win More creds each round, might even bring in others.

I understand that forest that people could abuse it but thats why you set the max amount of credits to like 5 or 10 so its not like someone can sit there and just abuse it. Then the motd could be updated to were if people were caught doing that its a ban.

Sign in to follow this