Sign in to follow this  
Gawd

CSS - MOTD CLARIFICATION

If a Div/Colead feels that this thread should be moved to CSS Discussion feel free, I just felt like it would be receive no attention like most other threads in that category. Especially since this could also technically qualify for CSGO.

A problem that has come to my attention are certain rules that admins ALWAYS argue with each other about. 1 admin thinks this, or another admin thinks this. I propose that we come up with a list of these particular rules so that these disagreements are ended with a simple yes/no answer from the motd. I also believe certain rules need to be clarified a bit further.

Basically, I just want to see if people can respond to this thread with things they feel need further clarification. If any good suggestions are brought up I will try to do my best to keep editing it in to this original post so that hopefully it can attract a Div or a Co's attention.

A couple rules that I think certainly need further clarification are Hide n Go seek days and "the step".

Rules in Question/Suggestion for further clarification

Gawd : 1/12/13: Hide n Go Seek Day

: A specific minimum timer for amount of time that t's have to hide after the cells open. Today somebody tried to make it so that they can be hunted a second after cells auto opened, leaving them trapped in the cell block, impossible to do anything except die.

Gawd : 1/12/13 :The Step

" : "The length of a step can't be judged" THIS has NEVER been mentioned in the motd but yet many admins still say that you can't judge how large a step is. Doesn't make sense to me really, if we can judge how far 10 ft in game is for the camping rule, we can certainly judge the length of a step in game? Especially since we see the model of a character's leg move forward. Possible clarification in the motd could be 1 ft forward.

Gawd : 1/12/13: Flash/Smokes

"CTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THESE UNLESS IT IS WARDAY OR IF IT IMPAIRs ANY T/CT." From the motd. Just felt the wording was somewhat strange. So they can't use them UNLESS it impairs a T/CT? Saying that I can't use it by throwing it into a corner but i can use it if it impairs a fellow ct.

Duckii Jr; 1/12/13: CT breaking vent while killing rebel

If you kill a rebelling T that was knifing vent, but happen to shoot open the vent by accident while killing him/her, is this slayable?

Forest: 1/12/13

Warday: Needs a specific minimum timer, in this case for the Expansion time. Warden can say at the beginning of the round that there is a warday, and say that the warday expands literally 10 seconds later, pretty much making it a Global Warday and not giving the Ts nearly enough time to access Armory.

McNeo: 1/12/13

I'm paraphrasing. This is a sort of a complement to the step rule. If a T is given ten seconds to take a step out are they able to run around until the ten seconds is up or should they do the orders right away/stay in cells until the ten seconds is up. I personally think t's should either do the orders right away or at least stay in their cells during this time period. Some form of clarification is needed.

Diabeetus: 1/13/13

Death trivia: Just some rules on it's legality. Diabeetus isn't sure if it could be considered a tarp or not due to disagreeing mods/admins. A definite answer yes - it's legal no - it's not, should be put in the motd.

I hope this thread helps improve CSS or even the CSGO jailbreak experience. Feel free to suggest more!

1/12/13: Hide n Go Seek Day

: A specific minimum timer for amount of time that t's have to hide after the cells open. Today somebody tried to make it so that they can be hunted a second after cells auto opened, leaving them trapped in the cell block, impossible to do anything except die.

I would say a MINIMUM of 30 seconds

If you kill a rebelling T that was knifing vent, but happen to shoot open the vent by accident while killing him/her, is this slayable?

Yes, him/her should be slain.

1/12/13 :The Step

" : "The length of a step can't be judged" THIS has NEVER been mentioned in the motd but yet many admins still say that you can't judge how large a step is. Doesn't make sense to me really, if we can judge how far 10 ft in game is for the camping rule, we can certainly judge the length of a step in game? Especially since we see the model of a character's leg move forward. Possible clarification in the motd could be 1 ft forward.

While a "step" can't be judged I have a good one to go along with this.

Warden: "When calls open take 1 step out and gun check freeze, do this by [10 seconds from now]"

So, if a goes b-hopping around, then returns to the cell in a one-step distance, should they be killed?

I say yes.

Though a common argument is "Oh I was back before the time." My response is "Well then why didn't you just run all the way to armory?"

It is not a 10 second freeday, it's a 10 second window to take 1 step. Agreed?

1/12/13

Warday: Needs a specific minimum timer, in this case for the Expansion time. Warden can say at the beginning of the round that there is a warday, and say that the warday expands literally 10 seconds later, pretty much making it a Global Warday and not giving the Ts nearly enough time to access Armory.

1/12/13

Team Killing/Death Soccer: The motd itself states that: "Deathsoccer is the time where killing teammates is allowed." Due to 'death soccer' not really being in motd and not having any specifics, does it have to be established that the Ts or CTs are playing Death Soccer? Or does it imply that as soon you enter the Death Soccer area, it is a team killing arena.

1/12/13: Hide n Go Seek Day

I feel like this day should be removed completely

With my experience all the CT's usually get bombed and then all goes to hell.

1/12/13 :The Step

There definitely needs to be a specific about this...espacally about people jumping around, onto ledges etc.. 1ft would sound fine. Also if we could make a note about jumping onto railing like on moon jail because I always kill people who do it and people bitch at me about it.

/12/13: Flash/Smokes

"CTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THESE UNLESS IT IS WARDAY OR IF IT IMPAIRs ANY T/CT

CT's are not allowed to use these to impair any T/CT unless it is a warday.

That's what it should be, the MOTD was broken to the point where no one except silence was able to edit it for JB, I think he fixed the issue now but yeah if anyone can change it to that, that would be great.

I'll let the respected staff answer the rest.

In my opinion, this is like saying I freekilled a T because I was killing a rebeller. So they should be slain.

Team Killing/Death Soccer: The motd itself states that: "Deathsoccer is the time where killing teammates is allowed." Due to 'death soccer' not really being in motd and not having any specifics, does it have to be established that the Ts or CTs are playing Death Soccer? Or does it imply that as soon you enter the Death Soccer area, it is a team killing arena.

CTs should not be participating in map games, so if a CT TK's with the ball they should be slain.

T's may be instructed to enter the soccer field, but unless they are told to play deathsoccer they should not kill each other with the ball.

While a "step" can't be judged I have a good one to go along with this.

Warden: "When calls open take 1 step out and gun check freeze, do this by [10 seconds from now]"

So, if a goes b-hopping around, then returns to the cell in a one-step distance, should they be killed?

I say yes.

Though a common argument is "Oh I was back before the time." My response is "Well then why didn't you just run all the way to armory?"

It is not a 10 second freeday, it's a 10 second window to take 1 step. Agreed?

Well I actually really agree with this rule, and think it should be implemented. But somebody could reply hur I was taking my step you can't judge steps etc. So I really think there should be a definite length that a step is defined as. I previously mentioned a foot. I mean seriously, a few light taps on w does the job. It's stupid when someones half way across the cell block and they say they took one single step.

In my opinion i believe they shouldn't be slayed or such for that since you know.. they're like right in front of the vent and the angle you shoot at can open it.. but if you wait until it breaks it would be to late.. and if you broke the vent as well as killed the T That's almost like no lost to T's because there could be other T's in the same cell but the Ct would have to slayed themselves losing the support of a ct in 1 area making rebel easier yes?

McNeo: 1/12/13

I'm paraphrasing. This is a sort of a complement to the step rule. If a T is given ten seconds to take a step out are they able to run around until the ten seconds is up or should they do the orders right away/stay in cells until the ten seconds is up. I personally think t's should either do the orders right away or at least stay in their cells during this time period. Some form of clarification is needed.

I agree with mcneo on dis 2, seeing how they specifically said "Take 1 step out and afk freeze/freeze" and given a time to do so doesn't mean you can bhop around because that's not even a step out

Just gonna mention some people that may be in able to edit the motd so they are aware of this thread.

@@serbiansnaga @@Neo @@HighSociety

I'd like a little clarification surrounding death trivia. I've had some people tell me that it's a tarp game, that it is straight up just not allowed, and that it's fine to play whenever and wherever you want. Personally, I like death trivia, because it's a good way to get rid of T's that aren't listening. However, I'd just like some clarification within the motd about death trivia, because I don't think that there are any rules surrounding death trivia currently within the motd.

What if a CT is in amoury until exactly 7:30, picking up weapons or getting amour or something like that, a T comes down from a vent, or teleports into amoury then kills them. Should the CT be slain next round for amoury camping?

imo

death trivia is not a tarp as you are specifically stating the prize is death. whether they answer is up to them.

step: like mcneo said it should be a 10 sec window to get in front of cell, as for judging how much a step is, i'd say REASONABLE distance from cells. use judgement like camping, ya know not too far but don't limit them to DIRECTLY in front of cells.

hide n go seek: i feel it should have a minimum of 30 seconds to 1 minute DEPENDANT UPON SIZE OF MAP of time with cells open. for example we were playing on alcatraz (new map i added for cs:go which is fucking amazing you should all try it!) and cells auto open at 1405 (15 minute rounds) so the original idea from warden was to have us go hunting at 1330, and i told him to go longer that 35 seconds, that was too short for such a vast map. so he extended it to 1300 which i felt was perfect.

breaking vent when killing rebel: i think it is fine because they are killing a rebel, better to kill a rebel and accidentally open the vent than let rebel open vent and possibly bhop away. also it was an accident like honestly what sort of douchebag badmin would slay for that?

warday: i don't think expansion should be allowed until atleast 2 mins after warday start. but keep it so we can still have warday's never expand. (i also think this should apply to last CT, where he must stay in the location [if the others die before expansion or it doesn't expand] until the time given to be allowed to leave. just a thought my opinion here.)

flash/smoke what aegean said.