Sign in to follow this  
HighSociety

NEW CSS HLDJ RULE

If you get 5+ offs from players (Staff members count as 2 votes) on one song while playing HLDJ, you may not use HLDJ for the rest of the round. Failure to comply with these rules will result in a mute for 3 rounds.

^^^This is getting added to the MOTD, so please, enlighten yourself.^^^

~Stickied

Why were the rules changed if a consensus wasn't reached?

In fact, if you look at the corresponding thread, you would see that the net score for changing the rules is -4. And that's only accounting for people that actually put a -1, not those who disagreed without putting a -1 in.

Granted, this new rule isn't bad. I'm just wondering as to why you went ahead with your own decision on the matter instead of considering the majority's opinion.

EDIT: Also, does this mean that mods/admins cannot say "Off" in All Chat to make someone turn off their music since it would only count as 2 votes?

Granted, this new rule isn't bad. I'm just wondering as to why you went ahead with your own decision on the matter instead of considering the majority's opinion

I think this is because HLDJ spam is becoming a major problem on the CS:S jailbreak server, and without quick and harsh actions taken, it will become an even larger problem. Poncher did say that once HLDJ spam decreases, the rules will be changed according to what the clan wants.

EDIT: Also, does this mean that mods/admins cannot say "Off" in All Chat to make someone turn off their music since it would only count as 2 votes?
This is a good point here, as I think that if an admin says off, the music should go off regardless. The admins are the enforcers of the rules on the servers, and if they don't have the power to immediately stop things like HLDJ spam, people will take advantage of it (granted, they can mute people, but still)

When you say "HLDJ" Off for the rest of round due to the 5 off's Does this include Short clips + Music (Basically all of hldj). Or just Music spam.

When you say "HLDJ" Off for the rest of round due to the 5 off's Does this include Short clips + Music (Basically all of hldj). Or just Music spam.

All HLDJ.

And to loller, if an admin says off, it still goes off. The 2 off rule is still in effect. An admin vote is 2, therefore, it would mean off.

Also, ive been getting requests from a lot of people on steam to create a rule to fix HLDJ spam. I came up with this, brought it to a few DMs, and serb. They agreed it was a good fix to attempt. Like i said, if it doesnt work, it will change.

Ok, well this is an unnecessary rule. If people spam HLDJ to the point of annoy the server, then why not mute them for mic spam, why do we have to have a separate rule for this type of stuff, when we have a rule that covers it already pretty well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    HighSociety