Sign in to follow this  
AbrahamL

New CT Spawning Weapon

Lately in JB, mass freekillers don't get a gun from armory. Instead they walk up to the ts with their auto shotgun, and spray at them. I think the spawning weapon should change, (That gun is good for killing lots of people at close range) So maybe just spawn with a deagle? Leave responses please.-Abraham Lincoln

Sounds good. I say they spawn with any secondary weapon.

It also helps from weapon spamming people attempt to do because they keep picking up their shotgun.

Well, the thing is if people are going to Freekill they are going to get whatever weapon they want, or have with them, to do so with. Changing the starting weapon won't stop this thing from happening. Now if you are just wanting a different weapon to spawn with, to stop wasting time in armory when looking for a good gun, then just type !class when you are either dead while on CT or when the round starts, and pick a class with a skill and weapon that you want to use, Just Note that this will not take effect until next round.

Well, the thing is if people are going to Freekill they are going to get whatever weapon they want, or have with them, to do so with. Changing the starting weapon won't stop this thing from happening. Now if you are just wanting a different weapon to spawn with, to stop wasting time in armory when looking for a good gun, then just type !class when you are either dead while on CT or when the round starts, and pick a class with a skill and weapon that you want to use, Just Note that this will not take effect until next round.

Hes not trying to FULLY PREVENT mass freekills, hes trying to AVOID more of them. It is not hard to tell who is going to mass freekill. But with a deagle they can only kill so many. With the shotgun they kill ALOT more. I think this is a good idea to also prevent further gun spam. It is annoying when I am trying to get a gun and I keep picking up others weapons. And I know about !class, sometimes a class does not have a weapon I want.

+1

+1. The Auto-Shottie is a close-range powerhouse, and if you line the shot up right you could probably take out a lot of T's. And while the mass-freekiller may try to mass freekill with an m4a1 or ak-47, it just isn't as effective with recoil and such. Starting the CT's out with only a secondary will probably prevent more mass freekills, as someone who has the intent to mass freekill probably just wants to kill as many people as fast as possible, and could be discouraged by only spawning with a deagle, instead of just being able to freekill right as the round starts.

...if people are going to Freekill they are going to get whatever weapon they want...

Exactly. Getting a gun from armory takes...what, 2 seconds?

...with a deagle they can only kill so many. With the shotgun they kill ALOT more...

Mass-freekillers have more patience than you think. How often do you see people mass freekilling Ts that are in their cells at the start of the round? That's what you're implying happens when you suggest (imply) that mass freekillers would run out of armory as soon as they possibly can. I think your point about less gun spam is more valid than your logic behind avoiding mass freekills.

...an m4a1 or ak-47...just isn't as effective [for mass freekilling]...

Wat. The bullet penetration and ammo capacity of those would far outdo the capabilities of the auto shotgun. And don't forget about machine guns...

EDIT: -1 to this thread.

@@Lollerskater (I would quote but damn, this post would take up a whole page) I honestly don't understand how this in ANY way could hurt the server, I can only see it helping people out. My main point in my first post was that the shotgun does much more damage at a closer range than any other weapon. The XM1014 is an insta-kill at close range unless you're shooting at the T's legs. For both the ak-47 and the m4a1, it will take at least 3-4 shots to bring a T down, assuming that the person has 100% accuracy, which is unlikely due to recoil and crosshair bloom. Plus, if admins/mods are paying attention, you can clearly see a mass-freekiller before he commits the act, as he will most likely align himself with the line of unstacked or stacked T's, allowing admins to catch him quickly. The XM1014 simply kills T's much faster at close range, and having the CT's spawn with only a deagle would remove both a mostly unused and potentially dangerous weapon from the server. /endrant

+1 for changing my start /class spawn to Sniper.

(Also helps free killing thing you guys are talking about because it is a one shot.)

Whooo +1 to my post! <---

Changing the gun wont help.... They'll just go get a gun. The only reason they dont now is because they have the shotty. It doesnt take long for a CT who wants to mass FK to go get a gun once he realizes he only has a deagle, saying the XM is a bad gun to start with doesnt really matter because either way their going to get a fast shooting powerful gun to freekill.

Whooo to my post! <---

+1

Anyways, pertaining to the thread.. I honestly believe it's so much easier to pick out a mass freekiller if they have the auto shotgun. In all my experience as a mod/admin, almost 90% of mass freekillers do it with either a heavy weapon (M249) or with an 'AS' . When i'm specc'ing, I always keep an eye out on that CT with the 'AS', because let's be honest. People who actually use the auto shotguns are either little to non-existant, and this is simply because a missed shot can cause all hell to break loose (accidentally kill another T in the process, thus freekilling), also making it one of the most perfect weapons to mass fk with.

However; I don't see the need to remove a weapon that is already scarce enough on a good chunk of jb maps. It makes it easier to monitor suspicious CTs as well, and something like this just adds to the list of things that needs to be edited. -1 for the removal of the primary.

dont rly think we need to change this its weird agreeing with loller on this one, but if it does go through can the spawning secondary be the dual elites. i love those and they not on any maps.

If you really want to stop mass freekillers make it so you have to be registered on the forums to play as CT.

It wouldn't necessarily end mass freekilling but it would help a lot more.

Sadly, us members would likely always be on CT.

Sign in to follow this