xGJake

Clarification Thread

I made this thread so people have a place to post/view questions about certain situations, rules, etc on Counter Strike Source. Please refrain from posting any negative comments directed towards other players, staff, members, etc. Do NOT start a flame war in this thread. Do NOT feed the trolls (ignore them or ask a staff member to deal with them).

Situation: Wardays

Why: Recently I have had conversations with some staff members regarding wardens giving time limits for the prisoners to leave their cells and go to armory to retrieve guns. I have heard a lot of different answers and some I disagree with. I posted this here to resolve this once and for all.

Question: If the warden specifies a time when the prisoners CAN leave their cells he is giving the prisoners an option to either leave by that specified time or leave early. \

Example: Warden- "Ts CAN leave their cells at 6:47".

If any prisoners leave before that time and were killed for it. It is then a freekill am I not correct?

How To Resolve: The warden simply has to clarify his orders better by giving an order like this: "Ts can't leave their cells until 6:47".

Example: Warden- "Ts CAN leave their cells at 6:47". If any prisoners leave before that time and were killed for it. It is then a freekill am I not correct?

The way I see it, if the warden (or any other CT for that matter) opens the cells before a time that T's are allowed to leave their cells is given, then the T's can leave their cells immediately. So if the cells are opened at 7:15, but warden then says T's can leave their cells at 7:00 (but not until after the cell doors were opened) then any T killed for leaving their cell before 7:00, was freekilled. However I do agree with you that if the warden says "can" instead of "can't until" it makes it seem like there is an option to leave early, or wait until the designated time.

@@diabeetus It's alot about interpretation ,but the main issue is are people interpreting things correctly? Just like this situation all the warden has to state is prisoners can't leave their cells by the specified time given by the warden.

Maybe a rule should be implemented towards this issue?

If the warden says Out of cell rebel. Then says the "Can" statement. Then the kills are not freekills.

Because the warden allows the Prisoners to leave by stating "can" statement, cancelling the "out of rebel".

Now another easy way to avoid confusion is stating what Jake has stated.

"Prisoners cannot leave their cells until 6:47."

If the warden says Out of cell rebel. Then says the "Can" statement. Then the kills are not freekills.

Because the warden allows the Prisoners to leave by stating "can" statement, cancelling the "out of rebel".

Can- Able to have or do.

If I re-word the sentence "Prisoners can leave their cells at 6:47" to "Prisoners are able to leave their cells at 6:47".

Able- Having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something

You can see what I'm saying by the warden is giving a choice or stating that they are able to. That is my issue the warden needs to be more clearer with his/her orders.

Yeah. I understand where you are going with this. But you have to think in terms of the "Out of cell rebel".

Making any prisoner out of there cell is kill.

By the warden saying can or able, they allow the prisoners to leave at the given time. And only at a given time.

Because if they leave before/early, the warden didn't say they could be out of their cell. So the only place the prisoner can be is inside their cell, until they say you can leave which it is no longer out of cell rebel.

However. I, myself, will start to say "Are able" and "Don't leave until". Because I understand the confusion that is stated in this situation.

Why must it be a common sense question that you are trying to loop around? Gkoo has already explained it and therefore they shouldn't be leaving even if the warden said "Can" while the order "Outside you're a rebel" was issued. Besides i haven't seen an issue like this and someone complains about it, do bring up ones that are more troublesome.

okay okay okay. I've heard this like 20 times. Can you or can you NOT use a taser during a warday. And can you or can you NOT use a taser during last CT?

One more thing. The "Talk over warden" thing causes problems. Can someone please clarify this rule for me? I'm playing jailbreak right now and there was a whole debate just about it. Does it apply if you are talking before hand? Is it a freekill if they have their mic pressed and they are not talking?

Maybe a rule should be implemented towards this issue?

Why do people constantly insist on making more, completely ridiculous and un-necessary rules? Let me explain exactly why you are completely wrong.

Ts CAN leave at 647

that means that Ts can NOT leave at 648.

plain and simple.

No please god stop trying to use the "well dictionary says this so i am going to think this when in fact this." argument towards trying to get someone slain. no.

honestly just fucking stop. and stop trying to get more rules for stupid little shitty things that you want like that, it isn't happening.

Can does not mean that you may do it at this time if you choose, this is a prison establishment. Can means that you may only have the choice to do __________ at this time. no you may not do it before, and no you may not do it after (to a certain extent) as that is delaying. if you have a problem with my explanation, join TS and I will draw a map of it for you, although i think it is easy to understand.

If you want a nicer explanation of the same thing, read Gkoo's response.

Can't we just go back to the time when everyone played to have fun? A time when no one was out to get the other and trying to get the other slain. A time where when they got killed, they tipped their hat and said "Gg" (and or cussed them out jokingly) instead of complaining and trying their hardest to get that person slain?

You know, we wouldn't need these rules if everyone didn't start picking at the rules and let things be, or if people didn't start loopholing everything out their ass.

As Chrono and Gkoo said, it's not that difficult to understand.

Can't we just go back to the time when everyone played to have fun? A time when no one was out to get the other and trying to get the other slain. A time where when they got killed, they tipped their hat and said "Gg"

Because all of those people dont play anymore and everyone nowadays didnt. They have the mindset that everything has to be by the book and make sure everyone does every rule, which still could be said are too many of, and I have noticed this because I played CSS when jb first started and no one ever played on jb servers but when they did it was for fun and to get away from the game types people actually used to play like gg, surf, dr, and pub servers but now everyone plays jb because it became so popular in the last year or so I think if enough old fags try to bring back old jb where it was fun and not so serious it will become more fun and make the community overall less tense and stressful

If you want a nicer explanation of the same thing, read Gkoo's response.

Well stated xD ,but in all honesty...

I think I got the message after gkoo re-explained it to me.

BUT WHO CARES LET'S JUST GET THE WHOLE FUCKING CREW IN HERE TO TELL KOREAN NO THIS IS HOW IT GOES!

JAKE IS JUST A LITTLE BIT OVER THE EDGE!!! GO READ MY FUCKING INTRODUCTION AND YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND WHY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!

jake.exe has stopped working properly....