Sign in to follow this  
Chrono

Favorite Plays

Blame @@Gkoo for this

since we have a favorite movies thread (screen play/recorded theatre) why not have a LIVE theatre thread?

List off your favorite plays that you have read or seen, please list whether it was read, seen, or both!

• Water by the Spoonful, Elliot: A Soldier's Fugue, and The Happiest Song Plays Last. they are in the order I read/am reading them, (2nd, 1st, 3rd) of a trilogy, by Quiara Hudes read.
  • Pride and Prejudice read
  • The Nether read
  • Wicked saw
  • Phantom of the Opera saw live, and saw a recorded of IMO the best cast it ever had.
  • Hamlet read
  • A Midsummer's Nights Dream read
  • Lion King saw
  • Tempest read and saw
  • West Side Story read saw movie as well
  • Hands on a Hard Body (musical, comedy, documentary) about a real life contest where winner is person who keeps hand on truck the longest, relationships formed, and singing and dancing while hand on car. funny as fuck saw
  • Anatomy of Gazellas (read and seeing on mothers day for matinee with sister, written by my current theatre professor and debut in theatre in LA @@PiNoYPsYcHo if you like plays, it is at the atwater theatre for this and next weekend, pretty good, very very contemporary)
  • Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo read
  • Yellowman read

I can probably list a few more but I want to keep it short (lol) and I hope you guys enjoy live theatre because it is better IMO than screen plays. to an extent, because there is a real emotion to it.

I hate plays they are never perfect and usually one of the people mess up and ruin the entire experience for me.

thats the exciting part of live theatre, you never know what will happen!

thats the exciting part of live theatre, you never know what will happen!

:/ Eh, I'm a nitpicker when it comes to entertainment. I simply cannot stand that. Although I've only seen giant productions on stage so my opinion is bias. I want to see smaller plays sometime :)

it's more intimate at local theatre's and they usually just wing different scenes there too so you may or may not enjoy the true experience! ;p

i actually saw The Book Of Mormon 2 weeks ago. Fantastic, halarious, the music was great, and there were no mistakes that i could see.

Havent seen that many plays in my life but my highschool was known for our arts programs, im not an artsy kid but perks of this was teachers signing up your class to go see the plays the drama kids put together which were always amazing (probably because im comparing them to time inclass) lol

For actual plays, the only one i can remember well enough to give an opinion on was a modern retake of Shakespeares Romeo and Juliet turned into a sorta comedy!! Was surprisingly well made by local actors mostly minus a few of the leading characters!

Id start a poll on whether or not people prefer movies or plays but im pretty sure thatd be useless lol