MineCrack

New maps/map suggestion thread.

It's getting to that point again when we've had the same maps for an extensive period of time now. Some are never RTV'd, some just suck.

Recommend new maps and give opinions on the current maps, goby plis.

Get the hell rid of Blax and iPlay.

+1

I'm downloading a bunch of maps right now, I'll test them once I get home from school and edit this post based on how the maps were.

For whatever reason I can't edit my post, so here's what happened when I DL'd and tested a bunch of maps (I believe I have 9 in total)

ba_jail_SuperMega_lv (link: ba_jail_SuperMega_lv (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: Fairly large and open map, seems to be well balanced as well. Decent amount of minigames

Cons: Few valid warday areas, however I'm sure that CT's can be creative and find some that I didn't. Not a ton of minigames, but enough

Verdict: +1, I think that this would be a good map

Jb_Summer_Redux_V3 (link: Jb_Summer_Redux_V3 (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: large map, very balanced, and has tons of valid warday areas and map games. If you couldn't tell, this is an "updated" version of summer (however I would suggest keeping in both maps) and has improved certain aspects (no heli, cell buttons can't be spammed)

Cons: some people may think it's too large, but I think it'd be fine

Verdict: easy +1. This would be a great addition to the server.

ba_jail_kistroll (link: ba_jail_kistroll (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: large and has lots of map games

Cons: few valid warday areas, very narrow and maze-like, and seems like it would just be a confusing map

Verdict:-1. The map is simply too confusing to navigate. If you thought iPlay was hard, you'll be absolutely lost on Kistroll

Electric Winter/Xmas (link: Electric Winter/Xmas (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: Basically an improved version of electric_razor but with a Christmas/Holiday theme. Lots of fun, adds a couple of minigames and in turn another valid warday area or two. If you like electric_razor, you'll love this map

Cons: If you didn't like Electric_razor, you'll probably dislike this map. There still isn't a ton of map games, but there are enough in my opinion.

Verdict: +1. Lots of fun to play on, would work well on our Jailbreak server.

ba_jail_aeon_v1 (link: ba_jail_aeon_v1 (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: Very cool visual style, lots of minigames and several valid warday areas. Lots of fun and a really cool map.

Cons: None that I can really find, this is my favorite map of all mentioned here.

Verdict: +1 tons of map games, very unique, lots of fun.

jb_pyramids_final (link: jb_pyramids_final (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: cool visual style, fairly large and open.

Cons: Not much to do on the map, and has only 1 (or even none) valid warday areas.

Verdict: -1, simply far too little valid warday areas

Ba_jail_aperture_science (link: Ba_jail_aperture_science (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: Cool portal style map, lots of minigames and several valid warday areas. Fun map and looks awesome.

Cons: Fairly confusing layout, and is farily narrow. Slightly T-sided

Verdict: 0. Decent map, however I think more people should take a look at this map. I think it could go either way.

Ba_jail_escape_final (link: Ba_jail_escape_final (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: Very open and balanced map, with a good amount of minigames. Many valid warday areas.

Cons: The map is a little cluttered, but other then that it's a good map.

Verdict: +1, I think that this map would do very well on our server.

jb_dt (link: jb_dt (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA)

Pros: Very open once again, and there are lots of minigames and valid warday areas.

Cons: Kinda cluttered too, and the main cell block is kinda bland.

Verdict: +1. Fun map, and would do great on the jailbreak server.

Feel free to leave comments/questions about the maps, and I encourage you to all go out and DL these maps and test them out for yourself. Please let me know if any of the links don't work or are paired with the wrong map.

+1 wow, this would be really great, to bring hub and a few maps at the exact same time, would have a lot of people active and really cool.

@@Forest can also host a community night the same weekend for hub credits, it would be really cool.

What do you think @autumn?

@@Forest can also host a community night the same weekend for hub credits, it would be really cool.

Wut.

You do realize that you can host a community night whenever you want right? You don't need a position of power to suggest something (although it does help). If you feel like hosting one, go right ahead bro! It's not something that only pertains to a certain individual. If you do go through with it, I strongly suggest letting the DMs of whatever Division you're doing it in, and if you're planning on distributing credits, talk with silence to see if it's alright with him

Lets remove all the maps and play on that map where you slide around a rectangle that has all the swasticas on it, the one that was accidentally put on the day parabellum was added and we tried admin-switching to it.

Also its only my opinion, but we should remove the maps CTs dont use, and even though this would never go through:

Lego(FR LR, Simon Says, and Wardays), Summer(Same as Lego), Sand (Only used for ManCannon and Wardays, maybe an occasional minefield) Kittens (Just bad) Iplay (bad) Bunker (Not used) Hellsgamers (NEVER picked ,and boring anyways).

what happened to that map where the jail was underground and if a T rebelled hard enough he could get to the outside of jail cell where he would press a button and a bomb would go off killing everyone in the jail so the CTs and Ts had to work together to actually get out of the jail. i remember that map being on for literally 2 days and haven't seen it since. it was a lot of fun and great to play. (though it had it's fare share of problems that it actually crashed my game).