John

Problems with Keyboard on CS:S

Sometimes when joining or changing maps to certain maps my keyboard won't let me backspace, and when I hit the A key the message resets.

I've asked other's if they've had this problem and they said they did.

This only bothers me because I'm a mod and have to slay/gag/mute or whatever else needs done, and I can't. Does anyone know of a way to fix this immediately? It does go away after a while on it's own. But, an immediate fix would be nice.

Sometimes when joining or changing maps to certain maps my keyboard won't let me backspace, and when I hit the A key the message resets.

I've asked other's if they've had this problem and they said they did.

This only bothers me because I'm a mod and have to slay/gag/mute or whatever else needs done, and I can't. Does anyone know of a way to fix this immediately? It does go away after a while on it's own. But, an immediate fix would be nice.

Press right alt twice. Not sure why it does the same thing for me.

It did it to me a lot today. It was terrible. I have F9 and F10 bound to sm_mute and sm_unmute @me, and it would randomly unmute me throughout the round, then all the keys would fuck up. Wish there was some fix, cause the alt alt or ctrl ctrl didn't work each time.

Steam AND Hl2 games have crap text editors/manipulators. I can never copy-paste console output correctly, and for awhile, if my mouse cursor was to the left of the steam text input box, it would actually type backwards! They 'fixed' that particular bug but I still see a few odd things from time to time.