Epix

"Tarping"

So today I got slayed on C:SS JB for so called tarping and I'm wondering for other people's input on the situation (or if any rules needed to be modified), as I was told I would be CT banned if I did it again. So here's the rundown: I called warden and began my out of cell rebel etc... Then I say the order "On go, take a step out and afk freeze, any repeats?" They call for a repeat, and I oblige, repeating exactly. After the repeat, I open the cells and no one steps out. What happens next is I say 3 times in a row the exact same thing clearly, and with no interruptions, "I advise all CT's to GO rebel hunting". I say this 3 times. Clearly. No one steps out and I say mistakenly, "kill until LR because no one stepped out". This is a mistake, but the conflict that ensued and the reason for my posting this is that I was slayed not for the "kill until LR" (which Gkoo told me is not allowed) but because of the fact this is "tarping" according to Ganja who told me he'd CT ban me for a day if I "tarped" again. So I'm wondering how this is a tarp. and if it isn't but people want it to be, maybe change a rule so tricky sentence phrasing shouldn't be allowed in such a manner? I don't want to get CT banned so I'm not gonna do it anymore, but I do think it isn't a tarp and should be allowed.

What you said (I advise all CT's to GO rebel hunting) is not a tarp. I myself have said "go" in the middle of a sentence to see if the T's are paying attention. People just need to pay more attention and actually listen to the warden every once and a while, and @@GanjaMonster I'd like to see your reasoning for calling this a tarp.

EDIT:

Unless you didn't give a time to do so by...

Just throwing this out there, you don't necessarily have to give a specific time to do orders by. If T's are taking forever to do orders, it's just delaying and they can be killed for it.

You can kill until lr... If everyone's a rebel that is. Which they would have been. If he clearly emphasized GO then I think he was in the right. Unless you didn't give a time to do so by...

In the future use your best judgement though. If no one's doing the orders just say go again or tell them they should be doing this, or what have you.

@@Hidingmaster @@Gkoo @@GanjaMonster @@DarkWolf6052

Eh, kinda goes either way.

You said on your "go", not on your "I advise all CT's to GO rebel hunting". I'd say thats a tarp more than not one, you did it to get as many T's killed as possible by not being exactly clear about it.

Tarp or not, why didnt you let them know that you had said go in that sentence since no one was out. Obviously they were confused about something, IMO its just bad judgment on your part.

A tarp is any phrase or any sentence given by the Warden that contradicts or causes confusion for the sole purpose of getting Ts killed (and possibly even freekilled).

In other words, if your intention was to have them leave their cells by saying it in a different sentence altogether, then you were tarping.

I don't think that's right though... Because if I say it in a different sentence altogether that's still not trying to get them killed, it's simply another way of phrasing "go". Or as Diabeetus says, "People just need to pay more attention and actually listen to the warden every once and a while...". I think that it's not for getting them killed, as I demonstrated when I repeated three whole times very clearly, but more for getting their attention.

In addition, the definition of tarping for C:SS by the Updated MOTD in the forums, "Tarping: Giving orders that conflict eachother. Example: "Jumping is restricted, croutching is restricted, standing is restricted, wasd freeze, now all of you go to big cage or be killed". Tarping is ONLY allowed after 3 minutes and 3 orders have gone by." If this isn't correct, I'd make sure it's changed so people like me don't get confused. @@Forest