Moosty

Moosty - Team Fortress 2

ya sorry

its funny, after the initial couple minutes of anger, all we can talk about now is how excited we were that you guys added new maps, we all just really want to see them.

its sad to think we may never get to play them

i

ya sorry

its funny, after the initial couple minutes of anger, all we can talk about now is how excited we were that you guys added new maps, we all just really want to see them.

its sad to think we may never get to play them

i hear theres a capture the flag map which is exciting

my bad

sorry, hit reply instead of edit

ugh... ive probably spent over 300 hours of my life on that server, i keep trying to join every once in a while out of habit even though i know full well that i cant

i decided to create a new reply instead of an edit because a lot happened overnight. our server is now a reality. it is a public trade server with five maps as of right now (only one of which is shared with xg gaming history: minecraft realms, of which the download link can be found halfway down on the page on the first result when googling "tf2 trade maps" a five year old whose used the internet for two minutes could find it). two plugins are also shared: roll the dice and rock the vote, both free, open source, and easy to find, and in abundant use on tf2 servers everywhere. so i ask you, if we dont actively recruit, that just makes us admins on a non xg server that play on an xg server once in a while, whose own server uses two similar open source and abundant plugins and shares one map which could be found by a five year old. i see no grounds for a ban on the claim of copying your server. now this whole debate hinges on whether or not we actively recruit on your server, this is where it gets rocky, since we all met there, but we only invited those who we knew and loved, any random person who wanted to join or regular whom we didnt care for or trust was told no. if we were allowed back, this practice would continue. so i ask you, do you have any reason, and is it in your best interest to pursue this ban any further? our group grew by almost ten people last night and i have regulars from your server seeking me and the other ddgob admins out as i type this without being prompted telling me and the other admins that they are done with xg forever, remember, we did not actively ask for this or seek it, but when you banned us it was bound to happen anyway. the admins arent on enough to create a rapport with the constituents, we are. they go where we go because they are loyal to us, not to xg. banning us has already done more harm than good to your cause and kickstarted in force exactly what you were trying to prevent, people leaving your server for ours, so i ask you again, is pursuing this ban any further founded on any broken rules? and is it in the best interest of xg?

Okay, I'll put it simply.

As one of the moderators for the new server and the group known as DDGOB, who has been perma-banned from one of the only servers i enjoyed playing, i can safely speak for many others when i say that I'm not even considering trying to get unbanned. The server was a good one. I met Moosty and a LOT of other fun and interesting people there, It's the server i was on when i became a premium member of TF2.

But i can forget that, What happened just proves my saying.

"assumptions are stupid and biased" I was the lesser of the popular regulars of the server, So i feel that i have a weaker argument here, but for god's sake, Just assuming that we are 'recruiting' a bunch of f2ps and annoying sqeakers isn't a legitimate reason to straight up ban everyone. Ever heard of 'freedom of speech"? you could've at least asked us what we were doing. Or warned us to stop? But you took the Lazy way out and banned us all without thinking.

sincerely: certified otaku (the British kid)

(I do not expect a reply as i will not answer any further questions.)

The population of the trade server is hardly affected by the 8 of you being banned, so stop using that excuse. We will NOT ban any other DDGOB members unless they do exactly what you guys did. I've checked some of your logs (especially yours Mootsy) and I didn't like what I saw. Once again, that announcement made on your page is not going to help you in this cause and will most likely keep the ban standing. Since your server is up and is made of the people from our server, it seems the ban will definitely stay. Good luck to you guys with your server.

i figured as much, all the people on your server who made playing there fun have sought us out and joined of their own accord, i see no reason to pursue this unban any further, i do feel i must sincerely thank you guys for running a great server, ive spent hundreds of hours on there and met many great people, its been my favorite server in tf2 for months and months, so thank you guys for hosting and offering it, you will get no hard feelings or bad blood from me, stay golden Xg, and remember, no killing on the hill in clocktown, or in the nook :) haha. thank you guys for hosting a great server, i genuinely had fun, i wish you good luck on your end as well, Rhododendron can close this thread right up whenever he sees fit. we wont be bothering you with this unban request any further.