Gorillabot3000

Gorillabot3000 - Team Fortress 2

Personally seeing this, Gorilla was being the most stuck up person ive seen, constantly getting involved in arguements he didn't need. I feel a one day ban was fine for that, giving him a chance to see what he did, but Ban evasion is a completely different thing. +1 For keeping the ban the same

The way I see it. Gorilla is a growing problem. If we go easy on him now, he'll think he can get away with anything easy in the future and just talk his way out of it. And if you've noticed, he's only been a member since yesterday which looks like he only made an xG account on here just to talk his way out of a ban on a server he's only been on for a few days. +1 For keeping the permanent Ban.

-1 Vector has a point I have played with Gorillabot and he did pissed quite a lot of people off. I wasn't pissed because I don't get pissed at anything other than force a nature scouts in MvM. If you want people play you don't want them to get pissed then rage. Now I don't think a perma ban is needed just enough for people to get past it

May i ask why it only applies to Jailbreak? that seems really kinda dumb

Ban Evasion is ban evasion

Mainly because there's stricter rules on JB. Our other servers is just basically pvp, with jb being a certain game type.

May i ask why it only applies to Jailbreak? that seems really kinda dumb

Ban Evasion is ban evasion

Reduces the amount of Ban Protests involving permanent bans for frivolous things such as disrespect, spamming, etc. Since a mass freekill is a serious offence (and is most often intentional) it warrants a stern punishment. Ban evasion does warrant further punishment though (IE. ban was for one day pre-evasion, is now for two days) but because its difficult to determine whether or not it was intentional most just leave it at the ban time prior to the evasion.

@Vector Nigguh you know not to skip steps when dealing with these sort of things, regardless of whether or not it would have worked. The fact that there is tension between you and the offending player shows that you acted out on that anger or frustration. Staff should remain level-headed and should treat all players the same way when dealing with punishments, even if you don't like that particular person.

missed the incident with the ban due to being busy with a lot of school work so ive been playing less TF2. Last I saw gorrilabot online was just as I was leaving the server yesterday after playing for an hour or two. Can't recall I had any issue with him in the short time he was on before I left and the server was very quiet in that time.

Since i dont know if i can edit, and if i can, i dont know how- i want to just post my thoughts after having some time to think

Personally, with all this, i think its going way too far for what actually happened

While i do think Gorilla was being stupid in voice and chat, i dont think it really warrented a ban in the first [place, maybe a gag+mute.

Furthermore, even with this, a perm ban is way too much. Looking at it, I know Vector was pretty upset because of what had happened before all this, so i can understand how he snapped, however the perm seemed a bit too much looking back at it. Plus, looking at it from Gorillas point of view, all this crap that has happened most likely, and should have left a very very big warning of what will happen if he continues like he was. Now that i look back at it, ima change what i said originally, in that it really should just be a temp ban- maybe a week-2weeks +1

Reduces the amount of Ban Protests involving permanent bans for frivolous things such as disrespect, spamming, etc. Since a mass freekill is a serious offence (and is most often intentional) it warrants a stern punishment. Ban evasion does warrant further punishment though (IE. ban was for one day pre-evasion, is now for two days) but because its difficult to determine whether or not it was intentional most just leave it at the ban time prior to the evasion.

@Vector Nigguh you know not to skip steps when dealing with these sort of things, regardless of whether or not it would have worked. The fact that there is tension between you and the offending player shows that you acted out on that anger or frustration. Staff should remain level-headed and should treat all players the same way when dealing with punishments, even if you don't like that particular person.

There was no anger against him, which is why in the chat he asked if i hated him or not. there is arguments between me and him which is frustrating however there was another incident that i wanted to clear up between staff and regular members on the server, he kept interrupting, and at first i tried muting everyone who wasn't involved on my end so i could get it out, but i saw people getting frustrated (see photos). i then had to act and tell him to cut it out because he talked over me and trying to butt into the conversation, i then muted him and went on and unmuted him after little bit because another few needed to talk. then proceeded to continue. if you want to reduce the ban length go ahead but i want there to be a fair warning that if gorilla continues upsetting server members i will take action.

Also.. err..

Ban Time

You should never use a permanent ban unless it is for the following reasons:

The person broke the rules (hacking, scripting etc).

The person performed a massive freekill and fled.

The person advertised another server (for example their own community server)

The person has made a serious threat against the community or another (ddos, hacking etc)

If the person does not fall into this criteria, they should NOT be getting permanently banned.

not sure if this is still being used often but w/e. worth mentioning imo