ItsAaron

Rolling Large (maybe Any) Beacon On Mg Causes Client Crash.

So far this has only happened on mg_lego_multigames so far but it happened twice in the space of five minutes. Me and one other person playing, he rolled it and we both crashed, then later I rolled it and we both crashed.

Hmm I've noticed mg_lego_multigames crashing clients a lot, but I never noticed it to be linked with RTD. Could be right though. I just tell people don't vote for lego right now

I have a feeling a lot is being missed... i dunno.. but MG does crash a lot, so i dunno..

The server does not crash, only clients crash with this issue. And this issue only happens on lego_multigames. V2 is the newest version of it and I assume thats whats on the server.

Since it only happens on this map, it's not a plugin issue by itself, but it could be something on the map is interfering with plugins. I don't think its just a map issue though, it doesnt seem to happen at the same time regularly. Just generally at the start of rounds (where everyone is RTDing, so I think aaron might be on to something)

Looking into recent crashes it hasn't been from beacons but models not being precached (Though, the sprite for beacons not being precached could cause this as well). As a temporary solution, I've removed the models that don't precache correctly (Vending machine, headcrab, breen's chair).

The RTD system has always been glitchy, but I can't really say it's from the beacons. As I can't remember the last time I've rolled them and the server crashed soon afterwards.

Looking into recent crashes it hasn't been from beacons but models not being precached (Though, the sprite for beacons not being precached could cause this as well). As a temporary solution, I've removed the models that don't precache correctly (Vending machine, headcrab, breen's chair).

But but, how can i be good at warmcup headshot now?

I got tiny beacon, and it didnt crash, so its not just any beacons.

If anyone wants to help find whats causing it put -condebug in your css startup options whenever you go on minigames ;) if it happens while youre on post the relevant part of the log here so we can see if its the plugins or map (or what exactly it is on the map thats breaking)

Not just on lego, it seems. It just happened on bhopbattle. I had console logging enabled and the last thing that happened before the crash was "Dice: You have tiny beacons... (Effect: Tiny Beacon)"

So, it might be an issue with beacons. I'll keep console logging on for a while longer though, just to see

"Dice: xG:M Juben is a very very sneaky individual. (Effect: Sneaky Spy)

Dice: TwistedWarpath's speed has decreased by 40%%! (Effect: Speed--)

Dice: KCCRAIN loses health for each enemy death! (Effect: Pacifist)

Dice: oG Viper loses health for each enemy death! (Effect: Pacifist)

Dice: You have tiny beacons... (Effect: Tiny Beacon)"

Then crash, and it was a little after 12am today if theres anything there in server logs

Happened again, right after tiny beacons was rolled, this time on warmcup_headshot:

"Dice: xG:M Jubens can jump higher than normal! (Effect: High Jump)

Dice: [xG:HS:M] Bonk's damage has decreased by 30%%! (Effect: Weakness)

Dice: You will lose health for each team member death! (Effect: Nobody Likes Me)

Unknown command: sm_dice

Dice: xG:M | GayCumSlurpingFurry has tiny beacons... (Effect: Tiny Beacon)"

So, I think it is a beacon problem. Just a semi-rare one.