StarmiX

Crashes?

@Nomulous, pliz fixerino the DDOSerino

Well, I was just on TF2 JB1, and at one moment about 75% of the population just crashed. Then, this happened again.

The server didn't crash, but the users did. (I was one of the people who didn't crash both times).

-How this happened-

1. The day just started off, someone took warden then gave orders.

2. Everyone just "disappeared." No message were left, Ex : I was in the same cell with "The Dark Merchant." There was a small lag, then he just disappeared. Ex : No text saying, "The Dark Merchant has left the server"

3. Me, being one of the only people who didn't crash, witnessed a small amount a lag before everyone disappeared.

Some people that I remember who crashed -

@TwoZeroFour

@ShackNewsBot

@TheTheRejects

@Roast

@FenrirTheWolf

@Snowy

NFOServers in our location where our servers are hosted has been or still is being DDoS'd by a large Botnet, due to this, we cannot control the stability of our servers at this moment. Someone should really stop pissing off people with botnets. Regardless, we should be happy we aren't null routed, otherwise our servers would be in bad shape for a couple days to a week.

"Someone with a new botnet is launching many DDoS attacks against customers at most of our locations right now, likely attacking the top servers for some game(s) in turn. These are very large attacks from a large botnet and we are seeing bursts of packet loss while the automatic null-routes are implemented. "

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if these notifications are just an load of crap. This month it's apparently botnet issues, last 3 months it was Internap having router issues. Seems like NFOServers is oversubscribed in chicago and lacking the needed bandwidth to stop small spikes. There's 3 of these in Chicago for every 1 in New York and Frankfurt, Germany is like completely unheard of.