Ohstopyou

New website/server vulnerability found!

It appears as if a new exploit is available against Unix (Linux) and Mac OSX clients/servers. It's called the Shellshock BASH Vulnerability. I'll link info here, but I hope everyone has received an update to patch this. If not, I suggest you find out how soon.

BBC News - Shellshock: 'Deadly serious' new vulnerability found

Shellshock (software bug) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shellshock BASH Vulnerability Tester <---- To test if a website is vulnerable

@Nomulous @Rhododendron

Since xG uses cloudflare (I think), I don't believe just solely updating the main server would help.

That being said, I'm kinda hoping a company as big as cloudflare (They also host stuff like 4chan and other big-traffic websites) will take these measures and update accordingly.

All our machines have the following measures implemented that I coded:

- Automatic kernel updating feature, which puts us on the latest version insanely quickly with around 30 seconds of downtime.

- Weeky updates to all programs, just makes things functioning at the newest versions.

I doubt anything will happen to us, and yes we use CloudFlare but not really for security haha, they offer cheap SSL certificates for unlimited domains so I use it to prevent unsecured posting.

Gotta keep the community as safe as possible!

(PS we ain't using SSLv3 so don't worry about that vulnerability either)

All our machines have the following measures implemented that I coded:

- Automatic kernel updating feature, which puts us on the latest version insanely quickly with around 30 seconds of downtime.

- Weeky updates to all programs, just makes things functioning at the newest versions.

I doubt anything will happen to us, and yes we use CloudFlare but not really for security haha, they offer cheap SSL certificates for unlimited domains so I use it to prevent unsecured posting.

Gotta keep the community as safe as possible!

(PS we ain't using SSLv3 so don't worry about that vulnerability either)

Thanks for letting us know, Rhodo :)