Foxy

Spawn camping

Spawn camping is what makes the map more challenging and allows people to work together and develop skills to pass those spawn campers. I say that disallowing spawn camping just ruins the game, because majority of the kills are done near each spawn. I'd say keep spawn camping and just work together to get over it. If you're not up for getting out of a spawn camp, just use the friendly command. Case closed.

I've been looking into new plug ins to help with this and one caught my eye. It changes the colour of players that are invulnerable and you get to set the time that they are invulnerable for, as well as the radius. So if they move x feet away from spawn and/or the time runs out they are/aren't invulnerable

Okay so now that i got home, took a nap, i'm gonna comment.

First of all, we have had this conversation before. multiple threads actually:

Spawn Camping Poll. | Xeno Gamers

Spawn Camping Removal Dicsussion. | Xeno Gamers

Spawn Camping: Yay Or Nay? | Xeno Gamers

An Upset Server | Xeno Gamers

spawn camping | Xeno Gamers

http://puu.sh/cwT3r/5b6cc5315e.jpg

and probably more if i looked.

now spawn camping is fine, the matter of the fact that this is a trade server, we have a server dedicated to 24/7 clocktown, and if you have ever played on that map, you would know that the red team has an unfair advantage because of how blu spawn exit is a small hallway that usually get them selves trapped. so, naturally if you ban spawn camping, we're gonna be banning so many people and which @Bach said "Then we'll ban them" well that's not so great seeing as how the map's spawn is so close together and that it will probably end up banning the regulars. so you're gonna be banning people in hopes that the people will repopulate. For pokemon trade, the spawns are so far apart, that the other team must build multiple buildings to actually get through with it, we are already dealing with body blockers and building blocking so it's easier to destroy them all. Any map can be spawn camped. Also these are trade servers and we have a friendly plugin which i barley see any other admin tell the players to use.

As mentioned before, that we will have to end up banning multiple people for just playing the game how it should be. Also enforcing the rule is tricky as we don't know how we dictate what spawn camping is, the obvious one would be something like going heavy and being in front of their spawn, but what about the players who just hang around it such as scout, don't tell me a scout himself can keep a whole team spawn camped, same goes for sniper.

The players are what bring people back, spawn camping doesn't me jack because people go around looking for a server to trade on.

now the conversation i had with bach, when i joined the teamspeak room i was like why is spawn camping banned again? i'm greeted to, "it's now not allowed and if you don't like you can leave". (leave xG) we then go back and forth with little to no real reason on their side and no point that could be deflected on our end, he never contacted me about this sort of rule, so he knew that this would happen and still let it happen. after that, it just turned into "Moosty is more credible then you" which literally had nothing to do with what we were talking about, and then problems about my admin style, which again was deferring the actual arguments, insults such as, i don't give a shit about the server even though i have been here for over 2 years and have been admin in 2 divisions and one of the admins who helped populate TGH. and finally threats of demotion against me. @kbraszzz @Moosty were there.

So if i get demoted, gg

Thats a lot to read I just think we should do what moosty and bach suggested and do a set number of feet are invulnerable Banning its self is just gonna add more work for staff

actually i suggested that in teamspeak with kbrazz lol

Spawncamping is what makes the servers fun. To be honest, I don't mind getting spawncamped as long as I can break out of it. Solution: get good .

But seriously, if we were to remove spawncamping, a lot of regulars and members would stop coming onto the servers. So, these are our options:

1. Keep spawncamping, keep regulars

2. Get rid of spawncamping, get rid of regulars, get about 2 more people to join the server *yey*

3. Add spawnprotection and basically have a free heavy+medic combo for a few seconds

I feel like people are just saying "I like spawn camping, so keep it" instead of "Yes, I've talked to a bunch of people and they like spawn camping, and I have proof". I like spawn camping too, but whenever I'm on the servers and there is spawn camping going on there are always complaints. Trust me to just because the spawn camp has been broken, the regulars on the servers are to good at starting another spawn camp.

Ok well I've talked to a bunch of people and they want to keep it. you can see as evidence in this thread where a majority of people want to keep it

I've been looking into new plug ins to help with this and one caught my eye. It changes the colour of players that are invulnerable and you get to set the time that they are invulnerable for, as well as the radius. So if they move x feet away from spawn and/or the time runs out they are/aren't invulnerable

I am more in favour of this being the solution to the spawn camping dispute; as opposed to, making it a ban-able offence that would drive more regulars away than it is intended to gain. Spawn camping is one of the core strategies of Team Fortress 2, granted, being a practice for Public/Valve/Competitive servers - that much is redundant. Trade/Community servers are an entirely different subject matter to consider. As others have stated, trade servers exist for wanderers to drop in and seek another individual or group of individuals to trade with in hopes of gaining profit/acquiring something of their own desire and then proceed to go about their own business.

However, this ordeal says otherwise - If spawn camping is receiving this degree of notoriety within our community, then our trade servers are being utilised for something other than their intended purposes. Inevitably, players will grow tired of traditional TF2 gameplay, and will look elsewhere for new places to inhabit. Trade servers and community servers alike offer a new experience that typically do not follow said traditional gameplay, something unique/quirky, and are often the first servers to receive any form of notoriety from curious newcomers. Don't get me wrong, trade servers are intended for lobbying traders; however, said traders occupy themselves while they're lobbying and advertising for trades - this includes killing other players and other miscellaneous activities. As for the newer players, they're more than likely drawn in by their search interests while browsing for servers - often for specific reasons or random overall. Of course, we're a gaming community with multiple divisions and multiple servers - each accompanied by rules instated via a general consensus. Let me not be misunderstood, there will always be some tangent of factors to consider regarding a variety of scenarios that are worthy of addressing, yet there is also a line to be drawn between fun and something that is a nuisance within our community - that much is understandable.

==========

I am still unsure as to how spawn camping came to be SERIOUS BUSINESS in the first place. We've the resources for players to carry out countermeasures to be able to free themselves from such a thing yet it seems that is too much work. The Friendly plugin and the Roll The Dice plugin - Godmode, Noclip, Lucky Sandwich, Toxic, Crits, Infinite Ammo, Timebomb, Homing Projectiles are all utilisable to aid in a scenario like this whether it be in the favour of the camped team and/or the camping team. Why was a last resort considered first; rather than, any input of reasonable solutions? It's ludicrous. At least now, the reasonable solution(s) is(are) being considered. There will always be complaining, yet only so much can be done to serve as an appeasement. We're striving to attract more players due to the loss of many of our regulars, yet we often resort to solutions that end up contributing to the problem - we want users to have fun and feel welcome, don't we? Banning people for playing the game is a bit of a rash decision.

==========

+1 for that plugin Bach mentioned.

** I've been absent for a few days, so I'm a bit out of the loop - I may have missed some important information/changes. And also, I'm not degrading/attempting to degrade those seeking resolutions for the issues within our community. Just providing some food for thought. Also, it's 4 in the morning, and I'm tired as all hell.

How about this, once you leave spawn, you get a 5 second godmode?

I don't like this idea. its frustrating for players who actually push to the enemy spawn.

I don't like this idea. its frustrating for players who actually push to the enemy spawn.

Also, people can kill others while in spawn-protection without the opposing being able to even damage them, which is really unfair.