Moosty

Remove Cyberpunk From Gaming History Rotation

Should cyberpunk be removed from the rotation?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should cyberpunk be removed from the rotation?

• yes
    • no

constant complaint's about the music, constant complaints about the lights, constant complaints about the random spawns. the songs don't keep playing once you pick them, so you hear a different song intro blaring every 5 seconds, people refusing to stop flickering the lights even though a staff member told them that one of the users was dyslexic. that kid left and never came back. you can spawn anywhere, even in the other teams sniper nest. you can't enter it from the street but you can spawn there? that's bad map design. I understand people like having so much control over the map, hell, they can even change gravity and damage output for anyone in one of the rooms. but the fact is, our population isn't mature enough to have these nice things, it devolves into cancer everytime. the population usually drops on the map once people refuse to stop music spamming. this map gives players the freedom to do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they're responsible enough to handle that. other than that, the map is a constant headache, the lighting in the main world is hell, and the server would be better off without it in my opinion.

@metalslug53 @Rejects @kbraszzz @Kypari @Vector @Tekage @Rhododendron @anyone else with an opinion

my opinion is obvious, what about you guys

Haha

I'll have you know that a lot of people love this map. Just because you don't like it and people can't be bothered to turn the music option in the settings all the way down doesn't mean we have to remove a great map that is liked by many. -1

I and almost all other plays love this map to bits and it is commonly picked to be played on. Removing this would make the population decrease dramatically. DO NOT REMOVE CYBERPUNK.

People who have epileptic problems might have severe problems with the map. Also, music is really bad and overall is just way to linear for my taste. +1

inb4 kypari rates Fuck you

Flickering lights and colors can and will cause seizures do we want to be responsible for having a map that causes it?

No it won't, stop overreacting. Also, i don't know who "these people are" and the "constant complaints" come from, but because the same 3 people complain about it, doesn't mean it should be removed. What about hyrule? people bitch and moan about how large it is and how the teleporter spawns both teams in the same position. People will complain about anything they don't like. from my experience, people really love cyberpunk and were happy to see it back.

would there be a way to edit the music so that once a song starts it finishes like we have on goldenrod? that would fix a lot of issues.

I made this thread because i've been playing with some old friends today, each of them had these complaints without me asking their opinion. people who hadn't seen the map before felt this way, and I feel we should have a discussion about the map. change would be great, removal would be fine, or i'm wrong and i'm the only one that dislikes it, also fine. but this and the hyrule situation are different spawn wise. in hyrule, you spawn in your own spawn, then choose a common area to teleport too. in cyberpunk, each team has a sniper tower that the other team can't access, but they can for some reason spawn there. the hyrule spawns are made to be for both teams, it's a common area, the cyberpunk towers were made to just be for one team, and spawning there breaks that. a lot of people like cyberpunk, a lot of people hate it, I just want the map to be less of a point of contention. we need some sort of compromise here.

would there be a way to edit the music so that once a song starts it finishes like we have on goldenrod? that would fix a lot of issues.

The main problem with this is that you don't know which song you're picking unless you remember which is which.

I made this thread because i've been playing with some old friends today

Who you let break rules even though you're the dm. I'm still annoyed about that.

Accidentally posted.

but this and the hyrule situation are different spawn wise. in hyrule, you spawn in your own spawn, then choose a common area to teleport too. in cyberpunk, each team has a sniper tower that the other team can't access, but they can for some reason spawn there. the hyrule spawns are made to be for both teams, it's a common area, the cyberpunk towers were made to just be for one team, and spawning there breaks that. a lot of people like cyberpunk, a lot of people hate it

Hyrule is more unfair and broken than Cyberpunk. You can spawn inside each other and get stuck in the world. Regardless if they have different spawns, they are more broken than Cyberpunk's spawning in the other team's base.

Who you let break rules even though you're the dm. I'm still annoyed about that.

Lol you joined the server late, randoms were joining in, I had never met half the people doing it, had the vast majority of players not been joining in, I would have stopped it. sometimes you have to let the good times roll and not be a mega hardass

I see kypari is still being that mature moderator everyone all loves. Oh wait, he's still annoying and rating everyone fuck you. kek

I agree with @Rhododendron. Edit the map. I remember when we first had it. the map was FUN, pain in the ass. but fun.

Change the "issues" rather than going off 2 angry brits and @Vector. Talk to the community and see what THEY think, (aka not forums cause half the randoms could give two fucks about forums)

Love the map, hate the music spam. Lights could probably be restricted or disabled too.

If we can fix those issues by editing the map, do so. But, I'm not going to advocate the map be completely removed because of those problems. Just deal, I guess. =/