In-Game Name:

Hero of Hyrule

Steam ID:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081316610

Position:

Time Active:

I dunno ... 2 years, I think?

Experience:

Helped to moderate and maintain a couple other TF2 servers, now defunct.

Information:

I've played on the xG servers for awhile now and I really enjoy hanging out with you guys. However, I've given it a lot of thought and I want to bury the hatchet with some of you and take a more active role in serving and improving the xG community. While I understand that I don't meet the donation requirement, that doesn't mean that I can't be a good moderator. I try to maintain a laid-back attitude and defuse arguments or tense situations in order to maintain a fun, casual environment. I take my responsibilities seriously and strive to keep xG as the warm, welcoming, fun-loving community that we aspire to be. :)

I'm actually gonna +1 this. In the recent bans I did against 4 people, he was the only guy I knew that was there. When he's more active then our current moderators, either he needs to become mod or we need to demote the current moderators. I asked him about how long it went on, and he seemed like he would know what to do in that situation. Glad he was there for it, so he could witness it. So yeah, +1.

I will say, however, he has only become active recently and that worries me he may quit and just peace out on us again.

Oh come on, really? It was just a joke. And I changed my name when you said you had a problem with it. I remember that you or KB or somebody joked on Teamspeak that you should get an impersonator while you were away at camp, and I took the joke further by changing my name. It wasn't meant as a staff impersonation -- everyone knew who I was. If you want to be hard-assed about it, yeah, I broke a rule. But it wasn't done with intent to harm your reputation or further my own in any way.

Geez, lighten up dude. It's just a game, after all. ;)

Oh and By the way, Just like you mentioned above, I also have a reputation hero, you may not have been trying to hurt mine in anyway, but its not a pleasant idea to know that you mock me behind my back when I'm not there. Just how you pretended to be Bl4ck because you thought it was amusing, amusing to you as it may, and as a game, it makes you nothing less then a troll, intentional or not. Sorry if you think I'm harsh and I don't want you punished for this, but I don't want you to do this again, KB making a joke in teamspeak is quite different then doing the literal thing.

Fair enough. The "joke" was in poor taste and I understand your frustration. I shouldn't have assumed that my indifference to a friend imitating me would apply to other people. I thought you were still on the server and didn't mean to go behind your back -- if I had noticed you weren't there I never would have done it. But that's pure speculation at this point and I'm truly sorry for any hurt this may have caused. It wasn't intended as a mockery, but I realize it was taken as such.

As for "Bl4ck", I literally had no idea that was even a thing. Calling myself "Blak" on JB wasn't meant to impersonate or mock Cain, it was meant as another joke since Nichol (a random on the server) kept calling you Black. I was kinda hoping other people would rename themselves as other colors, but it never happened. Darn. XD

Anyway, sorry this caused such hurt and I hope it doesn't blow up in my face lol.

This is a refresher. We rarely get threads from people who are actively seeking a Moderation position. I can honestly say that Hero of Hyrule definitely hasn't gone unnoticed. Deliberations will be made and this will be considered for our next Promo Demo.

Thanks for showing your enthusiasm Osiris! We will keep you posted!

I'll leave the thread open for other comments and opinions from the other Admins and Mods.