Fink

Stupid Ram Question

Do i need to uninstall games before replacing my RAM?

its my first time replacing ram, so if this is a stupid question im sorry if you cringed while reading this

No, it's perfectly fine to replace your RAM and not having to uninstall any games. But what you want to make sure to do is when you're replacing your RAM, make all of your computer components are OFF. Otherwise, it will fuck shit up since RAM is important asf in any PC.

Your games are stored on hard drive space, not ram. Ram (Random Access Memory) is just temporary fast access memory which is used while your computer is running. When you shutdown your computer, this is cleared entirely. (there is nothing left on it) It's then safe to replace your ram.

Hopefully you've got it set up in dual channel so it's significantly faster. When you purchase ram, it almost always coming in packs of two for that reason. The intent is for you to place them both in the same colour slots.

I'm as-suming you ether have corrupted sectors (ram went bad), or, less than 8gb of ram and needed more. As those are really the only valid reasons for replacing ram.

@Rhododendron This chat filter is a piece of sh!t. There's lots of words which contain "a s s" as three constructive characters. It needs to filter if the exact string is found, or, if the string contains AND it's not a dictionary word.

or you know...you can always download more ram ( ゚ヮ゚)

Or get one of these and fill it with a bunch of these giving you 16 TB of virtual memory for about $15K cause... AMURICA!!!