ShadowGhost2

Abuse Of Power (recent Bans?)

Some of you might see my account and notice that I have not been on this forum here very long. In fact this is my first thread. But I actually do hang out on the TS a lot with a couple of friends, some of which I have actually met on the TS server. This being said I hope that this does not invalidate my opinion on recent topics for recent bans.

Yesterday, a post was made called I Have Something Really Important To Say and it was focused on a transgender person "coming out" by the name of @ArminArmout. This thread brought about many people accepting and rejecting the main topic. The problem I see is that a user by the name of @Ryan_Sebastian was banned with the cause being Trolling/Harassment. Reading over the thread I don't see how he was Trolling in any way but for the topic of Harassment I can only convict him one time:

"...continue jerking it to ponies that 7 year olds watch." - @Ryan_Sebastian

In his defense he was provoked by multiple previous comments which he did nothing to impel. People were calling him a troll and being extremely disrespectful to him for voicing his opinion, which is in no way wrong. People might get offended, yes, but that does not constituted a ban. Authority should not abuse their power in such a manner for they are to be the ones that stay calm and come to conclusions that are just. Making rash decisions based on emotions at the time is in my eyes, completely unacceptable but is forgivable. If the authority continues to make such improper decisions, I believe that said user should not hold that position. This would keep the most fair and enjoyable community for everyone.

I don't want to go into detail on exactly how @Ryan_Sebastion should be one of the few who is NOT banned (I will if necessary) from that thread but to be clear he was the one being harassed and not the one harassing.

So I recently made a post on that previous thread I was talking about trying to describe how a staff member was in the wrong about a topic and after doing so he removed my comment and marked my next one as Salty. While, yes, I was Salty in my second comment, my first comment was legitimately explaining what he did wrong and educating him on how. This is an example of an abuse of power simply because I called him out. Everyone isn't perfect. People make bad decisions and are more often than not miss-informed, if he accepted that he was wrong then there would obviously be no problem but he took out the comment to make himself look better.

Staff who was abusing power: @Hidingmaster

So I recently made a post on that previous thread I was talking about trying to describe how a staff member was in the wrong about a topic and after doing so he removed my comment and marked my next one as Salty. While, yes, I was Salty in my second comment, my first comment was legitimately explaining what he did wrong and educating him on how. This is an example of an abuse of power simply because I called him out. Everyone isn't perfect. People make bad decisions and are more often than not miss-informed, if he accepted that he was wrong then there would obviously be no problem but he took out the comment to make himself look better.

Staff who was abusing power: @Hidingmaster

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

I could make a pretty good guess to what this means but for the sake of completion please explain.

cheese with your whine

As in, "You want some cheese with your whine?" Said to people who whine excessively about some otherwise trivial bit of drama. Has a sort of you-had-it-coming flavor to it, and a strong implication from the speaker to the subject that now would be a really good time to shut up, because the whining is rally annoying the speaker.

Comes from that cheese is popular with wine, a beverage made of fermented fruit, and that whine is a homonym of wine.

"Oh, poor me, my steak arrived with not enough salt!" "Well, then, you want some cheese with your whine?"

cheese with your whine

As in, "You want some cheese with your whine?" Said to people who whine excessively about some otherwise trivial bit of drama. Has a sort of you-had-it-coming flavor to it, and a strong implication from the speaker to the subject that now would be a really good time to shut up, because the whining is rally annoying the speaker.

Comes from that cheese is popular with wine, a beverage made of fermented fruit, and that whine is a homonym of wine.

"Oh, poor me, my steak arrived with not enough salt!" "Well, then, you want some cheese with your whine?"

So in my case you say that my wine does not taste good without cheese?

Why did I have it coming? It was a legitimate response to a comment that was made. For a forum this should not be as trivial as it is made out to be. The whole reason of a forum is to be a community and if the people running the community aren't doing their job correctly then the community isn't being run correctly. People in power need to be the "peace-keepers" if you will. If they do something wrong they need to admit the fact that they did it and try to correct it so it doesn't happen again.

The hate was completely unnecessary. You wouldn't understand how it feels to come out if you're straight, so you can't say anything about it.

Anyway. @Hidingmaster is an amazing CL; if not the best in xG. I completely agree with posts being removed. All that Armin wanted was for us to call "him" a her instead, which is fine. Naturally, if you like the person, you would give them support and congratulating them for being brave by telling us a deep secret. If you randomly start derailing the thread and including disrespectful and pointless remarks, then your post deserves to be deleted and you deserve to be banned.

I don't even like this community, but I'm sticking up for a great person here.

The hate was completely unnecessary. You wouldn't understand how it feels to come out if you're straight, so you can't say anything about it.

Anyway. @Hidingmaster is an amazing CL; if not the best in xG. I completely agree with posts being removed. All that Armin wanted was for us to call "him" a her instead, which is fine. Naturally, if you like the person, you would give them support and congratulating them for being brave by telling us a deep secret. If you randomly start derailing the thread and including disrespectful and pointless remarks, then your post deserves to be deleted and you deserve to be banned.

My intention for all of my replies had nothing to do with degrading @ArminArmout . Actually, it had nothing even regarding @ArminArmout other than one of his posts was the location of where it happened. I have stated multiple times that I was trying to EDUCATE the staff member on what he did wrong and NOT troll. For some reason anything that calls people out on their wrong doing is a crime and people who say otherwise are also just trolls.