Kypari

I Have A Splendid Idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMau8kqe-oM

Recently, I've been observing how populated Trade Gaming History is based on certain maps.

Who would have guessed it, TGH was most popular when the map was Clocktown.

When the map is set to other maps, the server population decreases a lot. It can be full on Clocktown and drop to around 16 when the map changes.

I've also noticed that Pokemon Trade pretty much always has a full server.

Why? Because of the "Pokemon" in the name.

When people search for servers, they often search the name of something they like. People search "Clocktown" into the search bar way more often than things like "Rusty Bucket Bay" or "Lava Giant".

To make it so that TGH is more populated when on other maps, I think that a name change is in order.

[xG] Trade Gaming History (Clocktown, [ADD NAMES OF OVERPLAYED MAPS HERE])

This would make it so that people search "Clocktown" and then join the server whilst we're on a different map, which they could remember or they could rtv or whatever idk.

@kbraszzz @Ohstopyou @Moosty @Rejects @metalslug53

Or we get rid of our non populated servers and make it 24/7 clock town since it was populated on its own

No, that won't work. Loads of regulars laugh about when TGH was 24/7 Clocktown when someone brings it up.

Loads of regulars will just stop playing. Plus, Clocktown is a shitty map imo

Hell, he's got a point. I probably would have never found this community if it weren't for me searching "Pokemon" in the server browser - then seeing [xG] Pokemon Trade Centre :: 32/32. Afterwards, I stumbled upon the Nintendo64tress server (now known as TGH) via !servers.

No, that won't work. Loads of regulars laugh about when TGH was 24/7 Clocktown when someone brings it up.

Loads of regulars will just stop playing. Plus, Clocktown is a fudgety map imo

Regulars don't need to play on the 24/7 clock town if they don't want. Tgh will still be there for them and clock town would still be on the rotation, but then one of our dead servers will be changed to 24/7 so if people only like clock town (which seems to be a lot) they can play it. It worked once to repopulate tgh so maybe our dead servers can be made useful with this. Geez, you think I am saying get rid of tgh? No, we know it worked before so let's get a 0/32 server to at least a 15/32 server

Regulars don't need to play on the 24/7 clock town if they don't want. Tgh will still be there for them and clock town would still be on the rotation, but then one of our dead servers will be changed to 24/7 so if people only like clock town (which seems to be a lot) they can play it. It worked once to repopulate tgh so maybe our dead servers can be made useful with this

Make another server 24/7 Clocktown. Trade Gaming is still very much alive.

Or get rid of these unpopular maps...

It's not really that they're unpopular. A lot of people love them. It's just that you don't search things like "nimbusland" into the search bar.

I search for things that way often... but if I searched for a server looking for a map... I would not join one that wasn't on the map I searched... and would prolly blacklist it thinking it was doing some shady stuff by showing up in my map search without being on that map :)