Fink

Is This A Good Build For The Price?

Intel Core i5-4690K, EVGA GeForce GTX 960, Cooler Master HAF 912 - System Build - PCPartPicker

If anythings bad, and youre good with this kinda stuff, tell me and ill look into it.

will it run games well?

also, if you can find a good alternative to the 960 that can run most games, (it doesnt have to be at max settings) at 60 fps or above, please tell me too

The build looks fine. I run a Geforce GTX 760 and all the games I play run fine. I've ran Fallout 4, GTA V, etc. at 60fps no problem. The 960 is will work fine. The only complaint I have (as a keyboard elitist) is to not buy a logitech keyboard. I would spend some extra money and buy a Steelseries 6GV2. It's a solid keyboard that will last you quite a long time. But yeah, you should be alright with those specs.

I don't know your type, as in if you would get offended by my suggestion... but you could go higher ghz and more cores for cheaper by going to AMD instead. Of course I'm talking about This Baby right here.

Though you'll need a Mobo that supports AM3+ as it's socket type, but finding an AM3+ socket on a mobo that supports all you need is easy

I don't know your type, as in if you would get offended by my suggestion... but you could go higher ghz and more cores for cheaper by going to AMD instead. Of course I'm talking about This Baby right here.

Though you'll need a Mobo that supports AM3+ as it's socket type, but finding an AM3+ socket on a mobo that supports all you need is easy

I dunno

It looks pretty good so far but I think you should spend the money to also have and SSD in your build in addition to your HDD.

Also for headphones, I frankly would not waste your money on any 'gaming' headphones as usually both their mic and sound quality is pretty poor and you can get a much better performance using something like the Modmic if you already have an existing pair of cans.

Another thing, which is pretty minor, is that your mouse is laser. Laser sensors have a tendency to have inherent mouse acceleration built into it so just keep that in mind if you plan on playing any games that require a high level or precision. Otherwise, it should be fine.

But yeah you should be able to max out most older games and run pretty much all new games at 60 FPS at the right settings.

I have a sensei already. I like it. its actually really precise.

The AMD processor might have 8 cores but its not as powerful as an i5 4690k, especially if he's going to overclock it.

If you aren't planning on overclocking you won't need an aftermarket cooler.

The keyboard is fine.

You probably have a copy of windows sitting around somewhere if you built your old computer.

If you aren't planning on SLI you can change the motherboard to this to save some money

You could also get a cheap SSD in addition to the hard drive