Nu_13

Where's The Fair Use?

Voicing our opinions make us look like zombies? Reviews hurt product sales? How stupid can you be? Well then guess I'll have to eat the staff of Youtube's brains. You know, if they have any for me to eat. #WTFU #MakeYouTubeGreatAgain

submit your stories of purchasing content after seeing someone talk about, cover,review, remix or play it.

Don’t let your tweets and videos get disappeared by takedown abuse.

I also want to hear your guys opinion on this subject. Hope to hear from you guys :)

Edit: forgot to put this here

YouTube Creator Blog: Improving Content ID for creators

Edited by Nu_13 (see edit history)

I've got a bit of a personal story about fair use and whatnot. Occasionally I make stupid videos, you know, ones that make cartoon characters swear, etc... I have a few that use Spongebob. At least 70% have been blocked in other countries (except Canada for some reason). I'm not allowed monetize my videos due to them using Copyrighted content (not that I would want to anyway...) but I noticed something strange a few weeks ago. One of my videos has nearly 1 million views, the video has a "uses copyrighted content" notification, yet it isn't blocked while others are by the same company. Even stranger, I'm not allowed to monetize it, but the company actually is. They're literally making money off a video I made which is covered by fair use. They didn't block it since it had so many views and they figured they could make a quick buck by monetizing a video they didn't make. I don't actually care, since I don't want to monetize anyway, but I think it's kinda scummy they'd block my videos except the ones they can make money from which are also covered by fair use