Suiperblade

Remove Trade_nimbusland

The map is basically is just a long corridor that red camp preventing the blu form exploring the map, there's a lot of spot near blu spawn where engie can turtle nest and there's even badly made collision spot allowing engie to get to unreachable spot and put their building in place they shouldn't be able without noclip.

If you play the map as a blu, you're screw

That particular spot isn't allowed to be used anymore anyways so I wouldn't worry about much, just report if someone is abusing the spot. On the bright side, it doesn't have as many glitchy spots as say, Inkopolis does.

Aside that though, the map despite the controversies and conflicts is rather well loved and gets picked a fair amount. I'm not just saying this because I pick red either, because I also enjoy trying to break through on blue. I'm sure it would cause a big stink if this map was suddenly taken out after all of this time it's been a mainstay.

As far as exploring goes, well, there is the friendly plugin. I know I know, people hate it and get stuck on things or dislike the transparency, but it's still there if people just want to look around.

-1 for removal.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I feel some type of way about this but as for removing the map, no. And as previously stated, that spot is an exploit and against the rules.

However, there is a problem with Righteous Bison/Pomson/Cow mangler spam down the entryway. I made a 17 minute long demo that I showed to the higher ups and will repost here when I'm back home. Basically it's comical how hard it is to get past it. And nobody does even though the entire team tried for 17+minutes. Spamming those particular projectiles needs to stop it's completely unfair and ruins the map for half the players. We should go no fun allowed and put a stop to it.

I don't know how long you've been here, Suiper, but I'm gonna give ya' the skinny on the situation. As stated before, this map is a classic.

Removing it would be removing a very juicy part of the server's history. But, let's play devil's advocate for a second.

If you wanted this map to be removed, you would want a better reason than "Oh, it's terrible. No way to get out of the hall!" Arfufu. No. The only reason that BLU is ever stuck outdoors is that there is a huge skill discrepancy. I've proven time and time again (As Vixen, Vector, Vexx, Ceyahdev, practically every regular who's been around for over a year have seen..) that this is the main factor that contributes to the problem.

Now, there are some problems with Nimbus Land that should be addressed. There are problems with a lot of our current rotation. But none of them are directly related to the skill level of the players. So, in the future, I suggest you recommend the removal of a map if it causes severe disconnects, terrible lag, or other sordid little bugs that should've been ironed out.

...Oh. Almost forgot! -1. <3

I don't know how long you've been here, Suiper, but I'm gonna give ya' the skinny on the situation. As stated before, this map is a classic.

Removing it would be removing a very juicy part of the server's history. But, let's play devil's advocate for a second.

If you wanted this map to be removed, you would want a better reason than "Oh, it's terrible. No way to get out of the hall!" Arfufu. No. The only reason that BLU is ever stuck outdoors is that there is a huge skill discrepancy. I've proven time and time again (As Vixen, Vector, Vexx, Ceyahdev, practically every regular who's been around for over a year have seen..) that this is the main factor that contributes to the problem.

Now, there are some problems with Nimbus Land that should be addressed. There are problems with a lot of our current rotation. But none of them are directly related to the skill level of the players. So, in the future, I suggest you recommend the removal of a map if it causes severe disconnects, terrible lag, or other sordid little bugs that should've been ironed out.

...Oh. Almost forgot! -1. <3

5+ team members spamming unblockable projectiles down a space that you can't physically get out of range of the projectile in.

"All the camp is because one team is more skilled"

No it isn't. It's easy to camp because the design of the castle is conducive to it, if there were more than one entryway, especially since the only one on the map is two playermodels wide you might have a point. But there isn't, and you don't. Just because the guy who made this thread is ignorant to the whole situation doesn't mean that everyone who isn't agrees with you.

Also if the ONLY reason to keep a map is "It's been here forever and some like it stop complaining" that's an objectively lazy reason. I would be all for removing nimbus. We've had it forever, WE'VE ALSO CONSISTENTLY HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT FOREVER. you guys are acting like there isnt for the sole reason you like the map. Let's have some honest doscussion.

Woah, slow down there Moosty. I didn't say that everybody agreed with me. There is no need to be hostile.

The whole unblockable projectile fiasco is a two-way street; RED and BLU can take advantage of it. As a matter of fact, BLU has the advantage of RED getting bored and approaching the door to open it. Add in the fact that you can forgo your bison to use a Battalion's Backup (Crits are disabled when active) or move back to get a better vantage point, and you've got a balanced situation to deal with.

...Plus, you can just hide around a corner and wait for RTD to help you out. Or, use !friendly. If it's a stressful situation, don't expose yourself to it!

That's my two cents. You don't have to agree with me, but it's really rude to attack me over expressing my opinion. I didn't say that yours was wrong in any way.

Woah, slow down there Moosty. I didn't say that everybody agreed with me. There is no need to be hostile.

The whole unblockable projectile fiasco is a two-way street; RED and BLU can take advantage of it. As a matter of fact, BLU has the advantage of RED getting bored and approaching the door to open it. Add in the fact that you can forgo your bison to use a Battalion's Backup (Crits are disabled when active) or move back to get a better vantage point, and you've got a balanced situation to deal with.

...Plus, you can just hide around a corner and wait for RTD to help you out. Or, use !friendly. If it's a stressful situation, don't expose yourself to it!

That's my two cents. You don't have to agree with me, but it's really rude to attack me over expressing my opinion. I didn't say yours was wrong in any way.

"I didn't say yours was wrong in anyway"

Gyazo - b57d276011756e17cd4e6cd2a94868c8.png

color me unconvinced

All I'm saying is we have multiple nimbus specific rules, easily exploited areas, and a history of divisiveness with this map. We had to change our spawncamping rules because of THIS map. We've had this map since I've been playing on the servers and there's been problems for even longer. We've tried to fix them more than once yet here we are.

We make it so they can't camp teleport spawn, they move on to spamming unblockable projectiles. It'll be something else once that's stopped. This map has only ever been fun for one team and has historically been more trouble than it's worth.

I like the map but nostalgia isn't a good enough reason to keep it. What makes nimbus land worth it? Honestly? Compared to the other tgh maps?

Also the hallway may not be spawncamping. Fine. One team still has about 80% of the map to explore freely to the others 20% that's quite the improvement. Except it isn't. "Oh shit I can enter the credits room blu is fun now" sure. Consider the problem solved xG wunnered.

A painful +1 for removal. It's been more trouble than it's worth, and will only continue to be.