Vexx

Remove The Ability For People To Use The "+use" Command On Tgh

Remove the ability for people to use "+use" on TGH  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the ability for people to use "+use" on TGH

• Yes
    • No

Included is a demo showing what the +use command can do on Edventures, such as playing music and changing the speed of the blimp.

Where my complaint comes from is the ability for people spam the music that is being played and being able to completely stop the blimp, even bugging it out a bit. The blimp on Mario Kart has a much worse effect where it will spin in place when stopped going around turns. Instead of asking to remove those maps because of a command, I just ask that the command be removed in general, it would make Edventures much more enjoyable for a lot of people.

removeusecommand.dem

You know more than just Edventures uses the +use ability, right? If it's that much of an issue (which song spamming is on that map) there's a plugin that can load certain configs for certain maps. So when the server loads up Edventures, it'll disable the +use ability. Or you know... removing the map works too ;)

You know more than just Edventures uses the +use ability, right? If it's that much of an issue (which song spamming is on that map) there's a plugin that can load certain configs for certain maps. So when the server loads up Edventures, it'll disable the +use ability. Or you know... removing the map works too ;)

Yeah I wasn't sure if they could condemn it to just one map or not. If they can disable it on just Edventures, that would be a lot better.

there's a small command called tf_allow_player_use which is enabled on all the servers due to most maps on our servers actually needing it to open doors or activate things (e.g the secret room in casuarina) I'll disable it for now on ed to see if it makes a difference also 10 points to Griffindor for providing a demo :P

Quick update:

1. +use was not disabled for some reason @Rejects (It was and still is set to tf_allow_player_use 1 in the servers.cfg).

2. I added the plugin @Bone was talking about.
  3. The plugin seems to be working fine, @Vexx and myself were testing it out.

So I guess we're fine for now. :]

Edited by Bello (see edit history)