shwash

Suggestions An Amd Only Mid-high End Gaming Pc

FX-9590 4.7GHz 8-Core OEM/Tray, Radeon R9 Nano 4GB (2-Way CrossFire), Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

This is what I have as of now.

Budget is 2.3k$ US

I am getting the graphics cards for ~$100 cheaper than listed

(I really want the 2 R9 Nano's for CrossFire)

I want to get a minimum of 1440p gaming with smooth FPS

I am willing to overspend if there is a really good suggestion that tips me over budget

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions!

Some games are optimized in amd some in intel. But as someone who owned AMD for 5 years and recently just got intel less than a year, i'll stick with intel. Never had problems and no FPS lags/drops.

That's my suggestion stay with an intel build and get a zotac 1080 amp extreme which should be the best gfx in the market right now.

EDIT 1: Most games doesn't even support crossfire/sli. I used to have that and most games aren't even stable when it comes to crossfire/sli. Stick with 1 card if anything.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I've had issues with older AMD GPUs (a Radeon 7970 died on me and the 6970 I have now is on it's way out), so while they may have good overclocking I would stick with other brands based purely on my experience with AMD cards. now I have no idea how well AMD CPUs run so get whatever's your cup of tea. keep in mind this was with older Radeon cards so newer ones might be amazing but I haven't personally used them so I would go with something besides AMD

Why would you go for an amd build with a $2.3k dollar budget? And why the crossfire? You seem to be overspending a lot in the wrong places. Even though AMD cpus get insanely high clockspeeds, they still underperform compared to intel.(Why does Intel perform better than AMD even with less cores, clock speed and cache mem.?). I put together another build that performs way better for $200~ less. I tried keeping as many components the same as the ones you picked

Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

Feel free to change anything if you have any preferred brands(i'd pick EVGA for the gpu for example. i just couldnt find a non founders edition) or if you'd like that ridiculous 1TB ssd.

Edit: Updated the ram because @Lithium is a bitch

Edited by virr (see edit history)