Fink

Ow Div/forum Section?

You could always just make a post in the "Games and Consoles" part of the forums.

yeah, but it seems kinda dumb bc its pretty popular game here.

If you want to argue about the exact classification of the game, then what do you classify TF2 as in a barebones sort of way. and then what would you classify OW as? you would be hard pressed to not use a thesaurus to try to come up with a different classification.

You have 2 very easy options, use the MOBA board which is designated not just for League but also MMOs in general and any sort of large following game like OW that you can comfortably make posts and have discussion in. Or use the games and consoles board designated for any game/console (that doesn't already have a dedicated sub-forum)

Again, there is no point in having a sub-forum dedicated to a single game that we don't/cant have servers in. rather it would be better to make a sub-forum that can share with many other games like it. and that already exists: MOBA, Games and Consoles.

If you want to argue about the exact classification of the game, then what do you classify TF2 as in a barebones sort of way. and then what would you classify OW as? you would be hard pressed to not use a thesaurus to try to come up with a different classification

Tf2 and overwatch are both class based shooters. Not very hard to classify.

Tf2 and overwatch are both class based shooters. Not very hard to classify.

you would be hard pressed to not use a thesaurus to try to come up with a different classification.

I'll talk to Rhododendron, I know a lot of people play Overwatch in our community. I personally don't think there's a big need for an Overwatch section on the forums, but if there's demand then we can test it out

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

If you want to argue about the exact classification of the game, then what do you classify TF2 as in a barebones sort of way. and then what would you classify OW as? you would be hard pressed to not use a thesaurus to try to come up with a different classification.

You have 2 very easy options, use the MOBA board which is designated not just for League but also MMOs in general and any sort of large following game like OW that you can comfortably make posts and have discussion in. Or use the games and consoles board designated for any game/console (that doesn't already have a dedicated sub-forum)

Again, there is no point in having a sub-forum dedicated to a single game that we don't/cant have servers in. rather it would be better to make a sub-forum that can share with many other games like it. and that already exists: MOBA, Games and Consoles.

Overwatch is an fps with minor moba elements (still wouldnt classify it with mobas)

Edited by Fink (see edit history)

I don't even see your point. Overwatch isn't a moba. What are you trying to say?

The point is that you were both arguing that the definition of MOBA doesn't fit OW. so I asked you to define TF2 as a barebones kind of structure. and the same for OW. as you can see. you used the same phrase to define them both, so as to return to my point of if it doesn't belong in MOBA in your opinion, then why not put it in TF2?

I mean so far, you guys seem to disagree with my suggestion, which is perfectly fine. i made this to see if people would want one or not, if they dont think xg needs an ow section, then we dont. plain and simple.

to be honest i shouldve just added a poll here.

The point is that you were both arguing that the definition of MOBA doesn't fit OW. so I asked you to define TF2 as a barebones kind of structure. and the same for OW. as you can see. you used the same phrase to define them both, so as to return to my point of if it doesn't belong in MOBA in your opinion, then why not put it in TF2?

Because TF2 and overwatch aren't the same game. They have similarities and differences. Does it mean we should post overwatch in the tf2 section? No. They're still different games.

Because TF2 and overwatch aren't the same game. They have similarities and differences. Does it mean we should post overwatch in the tf2 section? No. They're still different games.

In Overwatch, What Rank Did You Guys Get Placed At And What Are You Now?[/url]

I see a lot of statuses about the game, and your listed thread had a good amount of feedback. Maybe people dont post many threads about it because there is no section for it.

But like I said, I made this to see if people wanted a section so people may be inclined to actually make threads about it and discuss. I thought it would be kind of nice. I'm not asking for a division, just a section for the game. For fucks sake i could care less at this point if there was minor sub section for overwatch. i just want to see a game i like get some love ;v