King_Zog

Solution To Dead Servers

Hi!

So, as you all know, xG has some bit of dead TF2 servers. Lately I've been playing on 24/7 hightower maps. Now, these maps are quite popular. So perhaps we could replace one of the dead servers with a 24/7 hightower server?

We're down to the point where if we change any of our servers it'll make a lot of people angry. Even if a server is dead most of the time doesn't mean it's not ever played, I still see people hop on Deathrun and Jailbreak occasionally. Also, I'd like a reason for xG to stand out from other servers, and a 24/7 hightower would not really be "standing out" since there's already hundreds of 24/7 hightowers.

We're down to the point where if we change any of our servers it'll make a lot of people angry. Even if a server is dead most of the time doesn't mean it's not ever played, I still see people hop on Deathrun and Jailbreak occasionally. Also, I'd like a reason for xG to stand out from other servers, and a 24/7 hightower would not really be "standing out" since there's already hundreds of 24/7 hightowers.

Basically this.

I think based on previous times we have even had anything resembling normal servers, that this too would not get off the ground in terms of population. As it stands people are not interested in finding a new hightower server if they already have one, and our regulars visit only their main servers most of the times they are on xG servers (hence why you son't see outstanding amounts of members on zf or dr).