Egossi

Town Of Salem

Game Name: Town of Salem

awww.oyundan.net_wp_content_uploads_2016_09_12081980.thumb.png.0c4599e0b24da95256451fbf142b66a4.png

Platform:

Microsoft Windows

Mac OS

Android

Web Browser

Adobe Flash Player

Time Spent:

80 hours on steam, a couple hours on a web browser

Do you recommend?

Definitely recommended to try the free web browser version first.

The steam version is PAID ($5.00), but not really different, it just gives you a few free misc items and in-game currency

What you rate the game:

8.5/10

Initial Thoughts:

At first when I played this game a few years ago, it wasn't out on steam and i really thought it was impressive what they did with the kickstarter money they got, I've also seen some gameplay of it from a few YouTubers I used to follow, and I geniunely enjoyed it, although there wasn't ranked mode yet and there was a lot of cheating going on, it was still really fun.

Now that there is ranked mode which makes people unable to cheat, it is a whole lot more fun since the chance of anyone cheating is almost 0.

Gameplay

Town of Salem is a turn based strategy game where you have to complete the objectives of your given role in each game.

There are 3 Teams, Town, Mafia and Neutral.

Town's objective is to wipe out the Mafia and Neutral Killing and Neutral Evil roles.

Mafia's objective is to wipe out the Town and Neutral Killing roles.

Neutral Killings' objective is to wipe out both Town and Mafia, along with other Neutral Killing roles.

Neutral Benign's objective is to either survive till the end, or pick a role during in game.

Neutral Evil's objective is specific to roles.

By clicking here you can find the list of roles

For further info I recommend watching some videos of it's gameplay or reading the wikipedia page which can be found here. Optionally, you can just dive right in and pick up as you play, which is what I did and which was a whole lot more fun than the other options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8A9FVAzPw

You can play by yourself in competitive mode where you can't join in with a party, or play casually in different modes with or without matching up with friends.

Pros:

++Well made, simple and good at being what it's supposed to be

++Extremely fun to play with or without friends

++Wide variety of roles

+Has competitive and casual options

+Most players take games seriously which makes games more immersive

+Good for roleplaying without being considered extremely cringe

Cons:

-Players can be really toxic (I am one of them)

-Occasionally there is someone who goes AFK and throws the game

-Reporting system is weak, still needs improvements

-Hardly ever any cheaters in competitive as matching up with specific people isn't allowed, but a lot of cheating goes on in other modes

Final Thoughts:

It's a game you must be looking for if you are into detective-like games.

And even if not, since it's free to play on the website, you should definitely give it a try.

as_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_originals_30_3c_0b_303c0ba40a81bcf613267a4f406cba71.thumb.jpg.55f68a8856905a6e1af5644f390bd6a6.jpg

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Personally, I LOVED ToS. I played it since it launched, but. The day the Plague Doctor update dropped, I quit. They over updated it and it made me sick honestly. They ruined the soundtrack after the Arsonist update and I totally lost most interest. If it reverted to original, I would play again, otherwise, no.