Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

EyedJester

Identity:

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

I got banned for a use of the !calladmin function that was evidently uncalled for. I saw a person using an objector with the Nazi flag on it, and thinking of the rules over no use of racial slurs, misinterpreted that to apply to this as well. I used the function with a message that I'm pretty sure said, "I think it may be worth using this for someone using a Nazi flag objector?" Rereading that, I definitely could have shortened that, and I probably should've, but this is the first time I've used this incorrectly, and I was immediately banned. If I am unbanned, I'll keep these things in mind next time I end up using the function.

You called an admin because someone was using an objector with a Nazi Flag on it, since there aren't any rules that I'm aware of about objectors or anything such as that, I thought of it as calladmin abuse, since the target wasn't really breaking any rules.

I'm going to go ahead and +1 for unban. The user was unsure if a rule was being broken with that objector, and took a chance at calling admin. It would really help if staff explained more for cases like this, instead of jumping to an instant ban. Use common sense when dealing with calladmins, theres a definate difference between calladmin abuse and simply just an unsure calladmin. When it comes to objectors, we generally like to put them under the same rules as sprays, which is PG - 13 and no racism. A Nazi flag could be seen as racism, and as such can be treated as so. If you're unsure in the future if someone is breaking a rule, and don't want to risk getting banned for "calladmin abuse" you should add some staff members and ask them if there's any rules about it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)