Sign in to follow this  
ShakeNBake

How do you make a CS:S map? D:

Go to steam, library, press "tools" instead of "all games" or "favorites" and fine "Source SDK" download it, and l2useit, i can't use it for ♥♥♥♥, but some people can.

Go to steam, library, press "tools" instead of "all games" or "favorites" and fine "Source SDK" download it, and l2useit, i can't use it for ♥♥♥♥, but some people can.

It's really not user friendly. There's no tutorials or anything with the program. The best thing I managed to churn outta it was 1 room with water, guns, and props.

Speaking of which, we should find someone with a lot of experience to make an official xG JB map. I think I might know someone who would, if he ever gets on.

i use to make maps for DPP (old game that ran the quake engine) and did some map making

for about a year for CSS. its pretty entertaining seeing what you can come up with, but I never

really learned (or experimented, in this case) with the different mechanics like Four Corners in lego.

I'm sure it wouldn't take long to figure out though.

i use to make maps for DPP (old game that ran the quake engine) and did some map making

for about a year for CSS. its pretty entertaining seeing what you can come up with, but I never

really learned (or experimented, in this case) with the different mechanics like Four Corners in lego.

I'm sure it wouldn't take long to figure out though.

I could help out with the more advanced stuff like that, if you want.

I think I will make it my mission for next summer to learn how to make maps, and then make a JB map for us xD but thats in like 6 months :D

You two, go make a baby. I mean map. (i mean baby)

Do it. While you're at it, make it different from the generic format of JB maps ( such as VIPintheMix,electric razor, hellsgamers)

It's really not user friendly. There's no tutorials or anything with the program.

Actually for how powerful it is, it is extremely user-friendly. Compared to some professional modeling programs, like 3D-Max or Blender (ahhhh!), it's a cakewalk.

And the documentation on the valve-wiki is amazing.

I think the community (meaning everyone should get involved who wants too) should

help come up with a layout for an official JB map, which includes specific details -

and those who know anything about map making will help actually design it.

we just need enough people who will help pitch in ideas, help build the layout / map, share their opinions for improvement,

testing the map, making sure everything works according to design plans, making sure its not one a one sided map etc..

it could be a long project, but the reality is if enough people actually put in the effort, it could a great map.