Sign in to follow this  
Kermit

Might never go on jailbreak again...

Ok so starting this morning iv been having this problem, when i log into the jb sever it gets real glitchy and long to load simple things for example after a round ends it would take longer than usual to load up and the biggest problem is that the server looks like its Lagging/Glitching for me and me only. i cant hear what people are saying on mic's it cuts off every second while they are talking and sometimes just freezes for like 3 sec and says i am having a "connection problem" on the top right. my ping is usually like around 50-60 and iv checked my router everything is working fine, iv played on all the other XG servers and they all work perfectly except for jailbreak... iv restarted my computer several times and other ♥♥♥♥ any ideas or suggestions to fix this? because if i cant i dont think ill be able to play on there anymore.. :'(

Not getting accepted into xG:R-Effects it may have on a player: Lack of care, Less sleep, Schizophrenia, Insomnia, Trouble aiming straight on cs:s, Lack of exercise. Not having the will power to play on jailbreak any more. If you have any of these side effects please contact your local Cs:s admin!

Hmm, stupid question, but did you reboot the router?

Defrag CSS is another possible solution.

Might just be a temporary thing, too. Try again tomorrow?

yeah tempererly did but blueraja told me alot that will keep me trying tomoro everyone is sleeping rite now but ill do my best to solve this problem tomoro....

Worked with Kermit to diagnose this; he is getting high loss on all CS:S servers, with no choke, so it looks like his Internet connection is being flaky. Could be computer issues, connection issues, router issues... I gave him instructions on how to diagnose further, which he'll do tomorrow.

Defragging the cache files might marginally increase load-time when using a normal HDD, but it would not help connection or fps issues.

Agreed. Too many plug-ins, especially this xmas snow and presents or w/e. Hard to do anything other than get frustrated at mic spammers

presents are from valve, not a plug in.

I have all the FPS increasing console cmds i can think of. The problem is all the plugins and the stuff from valve. It is still code and graphics that have to be rendered, only problem is there seems to be conflicts of priority. Some maps on JB have my frame rates drop to 60-70, and that is just those maps. But those maps are now dropping my fps to 30ish. I know its not my gfx card, because I custom built my comp and it is a beast on games that are graphically demanding...

After xmas, I think everything will be back to normal

in console: Rate 1000000

cl_updaterate 100

cl_cmdrate 100

Halps me on some servers

Do NOT do this if you're having connectivity issues, this will only make things worse.

First of all, those commands are meant to be "pro-gamer" settings, to make sure eg. headshots count as often as possible. These commands usually raise the number of packets your computer sends/receives, which will only make things worse if you're having problems with your connection.

Second of all, like many of those "pro-gamer" settings, it was made by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. In CS:S, the max (and in fact, only) tic-rate a server can have is 66, meaning setting cl_updaterate to anything over 66 will have no effect (same goes with cl_cmdrate, which must be <= cl_updaterate). Many servers (including xG) limit cl_updaterate to even less than that, to conserve bandwidth.

To read more about these settings, see the Valve Developer Wiki.