Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Jailbreak : Mass Server Reduction

Should the following idea be enacted?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should the following idea be enacted?

• Yes, I like the idea and it should take place immediately.
    • Maybe, I like some of your points expressed, but I believe there are other options.
    • No, I disagree with most or all of your point.

Jailbreak breaking Jail Sizes

Basically, the jailbreak is overpopulated. We have nearly 45 people on at any given time, and still more joining. This causes a very large issue base, such as freekills, rude players, and most importantly, no fun for any of the parties involved. Having a large server results in a freeday nearly every other day, as we have 18 CTs, with 4 screaming in the microphone for warden at any given time. This results in a inexperienced player opening cells before they can call warden. Also, CTs remain in armory longer than 7:45, as the other CTs hog getting the guns. We have all experienced not being able to get our favorite gun, especially when the server is near capacity.

So, in short, the server is doing poorly and these are the reasons:

- Mass amounts of players cause lag spikes

- CTs cannot listen because they fight over warden

- Freedays make it less fun for the CTs

- No sense of control over Ts

- Not being able to receive your favorite weapon

- Constant freekill complaints make it a pain for the Moderators and Admins

- Overall rudeness from players, as they feel they are obligated to do whatever they wish, especially when an admin isn't watching

Here's what I propose we do about it.

Split up the jailbreak server into two separate thirty-two slot jailbreak servers.

Now, there are quite a few reasons this will work for the benefit. Let's say silence, for example, wishes to test a new plug-in. He can install in only one server, test it out, and determine whether it would be of use. If it is, he simply has to install it onto the other server. If not, he can remove it much more rapidly, and reduce overall server downtime. The moderators and admins will have an easier job taking care of freekillers, as there are less people to freekill, and there is more sense of authority, as you have to moderate less people. It also reduces the chance somebody will freekill, as there is less room for a freekiller to join.

Again, in short why we need two servers :

- Easier to add or remove plug-ins

- Easier to moderate players, especially those known to freekill.

- More authority, as you feel you have control over the Ts

- Less people fighting over warden.

- Less "cells open before orders" freedays

Now along with the positives, there will be negatives. Some of the negatives are minor, but will be noticed by seasoned jailbreak veterans. There are less Ts to cause a distraction, meaning rebeling becomes much more difficult. Vents will be much harder to open, or escape into, as the CTs have greater control over the Ts. The server will lag, less than it does now, but will still lag as there are two servers instead of one.

Negatives of two servers include :

- Rebeling is much more difficult

- Server lag cannot be totally eliminated

Considering all the above, I believe the benefits outweigh the costs. The more security of moderation, less freekills and more confined space provide the server with a greater positive experience. This is my statement, and I stand by it.

if we do anything we should just have 2 jb servers the one we have now and a 2nd smaller one cause some people love having 55 people ingame :s

if we do anything we should just have 2 jb servers the one we have now and a 2nd smaller one cause some people love having 55 people ingame :s

That could work as well, but then there would be even more lag on the larger one, lol. Not bad idea though.

That could work as well, but then there would be even more lag on the larger one, lol. Not bad idea though.

No it would be same lag as normally lol

when the other guy talked about this to resolve moderator issues i thought it was a really stupid idea as a solution for that but now with the over population problems this Needs to happen. its becoming ridiculous. i used to love being a ct and calling warden all the time but now every other person who wants control and doesn't even have a mic 80% of the time does !guard. this results in poor, inexperienced ct's and as you said people just screaming for warden. then theres also the guys that claim every time they die it was a free kill. honestly its just plain out f**king annoying at this point. i truly +1 this and agree that we need to have 2 jb servers. plus Christmas is over now so just take the Christmas server and convert it to a second jailbreak server with a player limit of 40-45 players. also in order to populate this second server simply put chat adverts on the main jailbreak and have mods and admins suggest to people to switch to the second one when the first one is becoming over populated.

This is a great proposal of a suggestion.. Although the cost's out weigh the advatages. Just becaue there's admins that don't pay enough attention(not nameing names) doesn't meen its a reason to get another server. honestly it would create more grief for mods and admins for haveing to put another server up and watch both servers get full. Its not that great of a reason. But it's still a good propasal. Honeslty we just need more dedicated admins and mods and div leaders that sit in css jb for 3 hours

And dont go off afk while there's no other admins on. It helps. we also need to inforce rules that if there's over 40 people that admins and mods can not play and spectate all the ct's. Thats why we should have a ratio for that. 1mod spectating:4 ct's. <<<<< do the math.

It will help with server flow. And disclude having to make another server.

Another con:

One moderator can moderate 20 people on one server, if necessary.

One moderator cannot moderate 10 people each on two servers, ever.

I agree with Duke, one with 55 and one smaller.

But as Poncher said in another topic, we could have 2 servers, one for all and one only for xG members.

I love it the most when the server is filled to capacity.

I wouldn't play in a 30 man server; it would be too boring.

Even when it is a 55 person server, hardly anyone talks and I never get to have friendly banter while I'm shooting ♥♥♥♥♥es in the face.

tbh the reason our jb server is one of the most played servers out there is cause of the amount of ppl who can join

i think otherwise, we should actually be thinking to expand the amount of ppl that can join JB server/make another JB server.

if we split the JB server its like splitting the amount of ppl that would play on our servers

Also I'm adding CT classes to balance it out for jb. So you can have extra armor, healing powers, higher speed, lower gravity etc.

This idea sounds good . Though as for the new players , maybe there can be plugins telling CT team/warden that "This ct player "X" has gunplanted or etc...

As for the idea of the new server, I agree with it because it's mostly 55/55 so I have to wait on queue.

As I said in another thread, i believe we should have 2 JB servers. One normal one, and one for xG members ONLY. This would be great because all the randoms could go onto the first server, get aquainted with the rules, get a liking for the clan, and then apply, instead of going onto the other one and ♥♥♥♥ing everyones game up...

Think about this logically. You guys say you hate the JB server but you still play on it. If we were to split it, it would confuse players. Then most would go to one, and only go to the other if friends are their. Then one would die, and then if that happened, I would probably merge them back. Then we would start all over again. The only way I would make two jailbreak servers if the current is populated almost 24/7. It isn't so this won't happen anytime soon.