Sign in to follow this  
Heisenberg

Anyone see the new batman movie?

Is it worth shelling out the $12 for? I like the Dark Knight.

Sort of related too:

>mfw only 17 miles from Littleton and will get less publicity even though he upped the score

[ATTACH]3161.vB[/ATTACH]

Gunman turns 'Batman' screening into real-life 'horror film' - CNN.com

Stupid ass media >.>

Oh well, hopefully people won't overreact and try to ban body armor/assault weapons again

1341348001020.jpg.7c43cda8aa95e8c9b25ee72b88fba691.jpg

Yes. Batman is worth the $12 even though that douchebag shot dem niggaz up, It was FUCKING AMAZING! and I will not say anything more because I refuse to spoil the movie. because if I literally say anything that happens other than the trailers you will be spoiled.

Warning, spoilers follow.

Personally, I thought TDKR was the best of the three.

The Dark Knight was fantastic, don't get me wrong, but apart from Heath Ledger's FANTASTIC performance of the Joker, the movie felt rather flat and rather incoherently strung together.

Anne Hathaway is now my quintessential Catwoman. I wish Nolan explored more of her (pun not intended).

The Lazarus Pit was perhaps the best in terms of plot and character development, especially watching Bruce Wayne struggle mentally and physically. I was worried about the pit at first since in the comics it's a supernatural place where the dead can be revived, but I definitely prefer this rendition of the Pit as a prison and its representation as the rebirth of Batman.

Bane sent chills down my back, almost as much as the Joker did in TDK. The monologues, the plotting, the menace, they were all perfectly balanced.

What's nice is that Bane actually did break the Batman, as I hoped he would. In addition, I'm glad that Nolan somehow found a way to humanize the brute near the end of the movie, which I thought could never happen for such a character.

And the end, the final 20 or 15 minutes of the film, everyone in the audience was on the edge. The culmination, where all but one tunnel of hope was lost,

where the city itself becomes a character,

was just brilliant.

TDKR is worth more than just $12. It is deserving of your full attention and mind. A summer blockbuster with more depth than anyone could have expected, TDKR will captivate you for the entirety of its almost three hour run.

The movie was amazing, definitely earned my monehs. Kept me on the edge of my seat to the very last few minutes. DEFINITELY worth the watch.

I asked /tv/ and they have the general consensus that it's the typical "mainstream dumbed down" film with no real complexity. But hey, what did I expect from a superhero movie?

But but hey hey, I did enjoy the Dark Knight. It was too long and nonsensical in some parts, but I guess it was ok. Not even in the same league as Taxi Driver or A Clockwork Orange, but still ok.

All in all I might see it with some friends even though /tv/ told me everything about it (spoilers and such)