Sign in to follow this  
SyrJirk

Its been done before but...why 100+ posts for mod?

Honestly I just don't really like this website. The layout is annoying, notifications are annoying, awards are annoying, and posting in general can rustle my jimmies. Especially if I don't scan for ninja text and end up posting something really stupid as a result. It can be fun but honestly I feel that going around this website and posting is more of a chore than something to look forward to or try to do.

I've been a member for six months and in no way can I honestly say I'm a model representative of what an admin/mod should absolutely be but I've been loyal to this website and the people on it for a long time dammit, I've spent hundreds of hours on xG servers by now and I feel its pretty unfair to be forced to have to come onto this website, scan for a topic that I find interesting around here and post on it. Rinse and repeat 100 times. Its an annoying milestone to achieve and I'm sure there are reasons but I find it completely unnecessary after spending so much time on the servers and growing more attached and accustomed to the community.

To me it feels like I'm being forced to spend time here which isn't a good feeling at all. Especially when the overall judgement isn't how I spent my time here on the forum. My judgement for mod/admin will be decided by how I am in the game, how I know the rules in game, how I act in the community in game, and if I will make a good and effective admin/mod IN GAME.

/Rant

Dude, a huge amount of our matters are sorted out on this website. As a mod you need to be part of of the clan's affairs. By giving 100 posts it shows interest. The rules not gonna change man :/ sorry.

Its to show your dedication to the clan. Spending time on the forums shows that you'll dedicate time to the boring parts of the clan too.

You don't need 100 posts to become a mod, you need it to fill out a mod application. If we believe that someone should be promoted before all that then they will be.

Its to show your dedication to the clan. Spending time on the forums shows that you'll dedicate time to the boring parts of the clan too.

This right here

I barely see you on. When you apply to moderator you should at least be on for 2-4 hrs a day unless you're away. If you can't do that then you would be inactive, better off just staying a normal member.

EDIT: It should be 150-200 posts honestly.

i have 2000 posts, all of them useful, not that hard rly, just post when u think u can be useful, dont post on any random threads caues it doesnt rly help, and u should have 100+ posts in no time

PROTIP:

Reply to all member apps if you can actually have some say in it.

Reply to goodbye/hello threads.

Reply to CSS division threads on picking maps and other things we chat about.

Reply to opinionated threads in general. No answer is wrong nor will you get laughed at.

Fastest way honestly. Might take a two days or maybe a lot more if you if you really don't like posting.

I have the most posts on forums. And obviously I am the most helpful on forums. I always give amazing advice and tips to people you know? So yeah basically I should be co leader and not Serbian. Serbian just post such stupid shit. I can't believe he hasn't found out yet that NOBODY CARES ABOUT HIS POSTS. He is SUCH an attention whore omfg. He should just...get off the forums and leave xG. Ya feel me negros?

To me it feels like I'm being forced to spend time here which isn't a good feeling at all.

You shouldn't feel obliged or forced to spend time on forums, it should just be something you either enjoy doing or do as a past time.

how I act in the community in game

The forums are a Huge part of the xG community, if not IS the community, as many others have said. It's kind of a given if you plan on being a mod to be interactive.

The layout is annoying

Although I will agree with you that the layout isn't exactly Great, but hey, it's organized.

Just give forums a try if you plan on being a mod [or plan on getting PM], it's definitely worth it.

PLUS you get to meet many of the clan's 'colorful' characters. @@Duke @@Jake @Ganja

Sorry for the long post, i'm very thorough in the things I do.

- Dat guy, Forest