Sign in to follow this  
Ronaconda

Minecraft and gmod

To begin, I am not sure where to post gane related threads involving multiplegames and please correct me if general was a bad place.

Now on to my question. I have been thinking of getting an and Minecraft for a while. Before I get either of the games i just had a few quick questions.

1. Are there large player bases (both in xg and the world)?

2. Do either games get much developper or community mods/content?

3. What are the minecraft and gmod servers @ xg like?

4. Do the games have much longevity (will they last long time)?

5. In your opinion, are they worth buying?

MineCraft is never populated because it got boring.

Gmod TTT is always full during the day and throughout most of the night. Then the regulars stay on and that repeat itself. (Fastest growing division right now). Also the the roleplayer server usually has 10 people on last time I check, slide race is usually populated by friends etc.

Ive been wanting to get back into tekkit, but it seems that no one cares about it anymore. Maybe restart the world? I feel like many people dont get on because they dont feel like having to get caught up to everyone else.

IMO minecraft was worth getting, if you got it in alpha for cheaps. honestly i dont believe the price of the game currently is worth it, i feel it is too much to pay for that game. i understand it is an indie and it supports the developer, but the developer got plenty of support already, and charging that much for it is absurd.

GMOD however is $10 and there are usually sales on it for $5 or you can bundle it with other source engine games like CSS or TF2 and get it cheaper, IMO it would be the better buy, i bought it 4 1/2 years ago and i still play it, there are plenty of community made mods and addons that are very fun and it is great no matter what you are into. I personally bought it after my friend told me to try it while I was at his house, so he put me into an RP server and i thought it was interesting, but there are other things as well, for example there are different kinds of RolePlay game modes, there are clue/detective type game modes (TTT and some other smaller modes) theres the ever creative sandbox where you build imaginative contraptions, there is parkour which is always fun to dick around on, there are competitive modes (sled build, fortwars, build wars, and many more) that provide an endless amount of fun. I find the game something that I will almost always enjoy coming back to and playing even 4 years after i bought it (unless the people in the server i join are complete dicks.)

The servers are well controlled. Duke is almost always on their admin ab00sing i mean working to keep the server in check, I play on them although i dont like charrax's stupid rules i still abide by them and yell at him in TS for being a dragon dildo loving man whore.

But would you say that minecraft is worth getting

Definitely, needs a caring owner who can relate to the players.

Also know how to work with plugins (I can do if you buy it and need help).

yell at him in TS for being a dragon dildo loving man whore.

Lol'd And yea im usally on except for today and if im not on im on teamspeak or steam so never hard to get ahold of me unless im sleeping and even then i leave steam up so i can get messages.