Sign in to follow this  
Rexx

Sick of being the speed man:(

Hey! I'm about to hit up football on my Junior year of Highschool, So I'm going to have to play a speed position. Which I have been playing for 2 years and I'm tired of it. I want a power position. I wanna hit people with my body. I've always been very fast but unfortunately; kinda small too. I'm not going to be the running back or WR anymore so I need help finding a new position to play. I'm currently 150ish and 5'9. Lol I told people on Jb otherwise earlier though but that's actually me. I can run, fast but I don't want that to be a major thing. I can bench about 45lbs on each side along with the bar. I can deadlift 155lbs. And Post-note I don't want "Waterboy(I'm not a pussy), Running back(already played), Wide Receiver(already played), or Quarterback(I hate tossing the ball)" to be an answer.

You could always try safety or cornerback, i loved those and they require you to be able to read the plays very well, its challenging but its very rewarding cause its defence and you can hit the shit out of people :D

i say stick to what ur best at, if u want a power position, ull be up against ppl that are out of ur league (ie, bigger, stronger, heavier, a lot more aggressive), ull have a lot of trouble trying to take them down

You're pretty much too small for anything else.

You might pass as a defensive tackle, I've seen small and nimble players do it effectively. Tight end is also a possibility.

No idea why you wouldn't want to run or catch the ball. Use what you're given.

If hitting people is your thing id try hockey, I play myself. Most fun sport ive ever played in my life. Im never annoyed to go to practice its always fun!