JINGS

A rule request for jb (lack of orders)

i believe there needs to be a rule involving the time in between orders. You know those days where its take a step out and gun check freeze. then nothing for 2 mins and you want to eat a light bulb. maybe thts just me but i think we need a rule tht makes it slayable when a warden who is alive gives a freeze order, or any order tht isnt some type of game tht doesnt require further assistance from the warden. I believe at a maximum the warden should have 45 seconds from a non game orientated order to give enough another order. I understand sometimes theres many rebelers and they're trying shut em down but its boring as shit to just stand there for an afk with no new orders. and dont just say rebel pussy, which i realize by saying tht im going to receive it,i dont think wardens should be able to delay the expediency of the game tht much. my 2 cents, plz comment with questions comments or concerns.

I personally would like to see a rule regarding this too. There are many times when an inept warden will basically have the T's just sitting in front of their cells for a good minute to two minutes. If anything, there should be a rule that makes it so new orders have to be given within a certain time frame (ex: 30 seconds, 1 minute). However, there would have to be obvious exceptions (opinionated days, disco day, simon says,fr:lr, etc.)

+1

I'm going to +1 this idea. The Warden should be able to give out orders in a timely manner and not subject Ts to standing still for 2 minutes, thinking of what to do.

Speaking of which; if you are planning on calling Warden next round, be sure to have an idea of what you'll be doing on that round ahead of time. This will prevent a lot of time wasted waiting for an idea to formulate. It's fine to ask what the Ts want to do every now and then, but yeah, lately a lot of the time Ts end up standing for the longest time.

I agree that in order to keep things going, the Warden must give out an order in one minute or risk being slain (Or risk having a "No Orders Freeday" being called). +1 to having this implemented into the motd rules.

15 seconds = no order freeday

idk if they changed it but no1 enforces that nemore

see i thought the too but when tht happened one day and no one reacted and i was pissed because i couldve sworn it was a rule. right after i re-read then entire motd and no where in it does it say anything about this. the only similar rule is a time limit tht orders stand after warden dies but not when hes still alive.

15 seconds = no order freeday

idk if they changed it but no1 enforces that nemore

That's because the plugin used to do that for us. If no one on CT spoke/called warden, it would automatically call freeday. It hasn't changed, just the plugin isn't there to do it. So admins have to pay attention

That's because the plugin used to do that for us. If no one on CT spoke/called warden, it would automatically call freeday. It hasn't changed, just the plugin isn't there to do it. So admins have to pay attention

the plugin only did no warden freedays. what jings is asking for is a rule about no orders freeday as in the warden is still there and alive and talking, but not ordering the Ts from game to game within about 40 seconds. and instead sitting there for 2 minutes

Well sometimes warden cant give orders whether its hunting rebels, looking for stuff to do, etc., I think it should just be that if they dont give orders, we warn them about it/ pass warden to someone else, and if theres a rule on this then they will just find a way around it by saying "ts jump" just so they dont get in trouble.

There's no point to this rule because you can get around it easily. For example, you could say, "All Ts, left click your mouse once."

Better yet, "All Ts, continue facing your cells; jumping, crouching, knifing, flashlights, and spraying are restricted." This would make the Ts essentially continue to be AFK frozen, assuming these were the second orders given.

Sometimes the warden is too busy to give orders in a timely manner. If you want to play a fast-paced game, I'm afraid Jailbreak is not for you.

There's no point to this rule because you can get around it easily. For example, you could say, "All Ts, left click your mouse once."

Better yet, "All Ts, continue facing your cells; jumping, crouching, knifing, flashlights, and spraying are restricted." This would make the Ts essentially continue to be AFK frozen, assuming these were the second orders given.

Sometimes the warden is too busy to give orders in a timely manner. If you want to play a fast-paced game, I'm afraid Jailbreak is not for you.

The thing is, many of the people that do this are inept or just plain bad wardens, many of whom wouldn't even be able to think of something like this to keep their clock running. The big problem here is having T's in front of cells for several minutes on end, which seems to be happening more and more lately. This is why I suggested putting the limit at 1 minute, because if warden is going to space out and not give orders for that long, he's probably not paying attention and won't think to give any new orders, even ones that are just pointless orders like "spam left-click" or something like that.

An alternative we could implement (though this would be easier with a plugin but I think we can make do for now) is to have warden auto-pass to someone else if the current warden is taking 1-2 minutes just to get 1 order out. The downside to this is that it's putting a lot of trust in the hands of the CT's to recognize when a warden is spacing out. For example if a CT notices that warden really isn't doing anything for the first minute of the round, he can say something like "since you're taking too long to give orders, I am relieving you of warden, and I am now warden." Until we get a plugin that could support something like this (if it even exists) this would have to be done with admin/mod approval.

+1 This is a great idea. There are times where someone calls warden and I swear they AFK to go take a piss and come back like 3 minutes later and give orders. However, it's hard to enforce this mainly for the fact that there are times when rebels need to be dealt with and the Warden can't give orders immediately.

first off i dont think anyone is going to be tht effect by this rule its to stop bad wardens, so u have nothing to worry about loller. secondly if im not mistaken arent u not allowed to restrict so many things tht it becomes another afk freeze though tht was in the motd.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    JuannabeGod