IUDesigns

PS4 !!!!!!

if I dont recall, the first versions of ps3 had backwards compatibility till they dropped it.

So then it's settled:

PS4 will have backwards compatibility for a few months then drop it.

They didn't drop it, just the new consoles didn't support it largely because of the cost of the compatibility made the console more expensive than people wanted to pay. People vote with their wallet and backwards compatibility wasn't important enough.

if I dont recall, the first versions of ps3 had backwards compatibility till they dropped it.

So then it's settled:

They didn't drop it, just the new consoles didn't support it largely because of the cost of the compatibility made the console more expensive than people wanted to pay. People vote with their wallet and backwards compatibility wasn't important enough.

That's BS. The PS3 virtualized the PS2 hardware and it worked just fine. It just required tweaking for each game which Sony didn't want to do. Either programming visualization for the PS3 is so bad (since programming in general for the PS3 was difficult to begin with) then that's the only reason I can see as to why it won't support it.

So then it's settled:

That's BS. The PS3 virtualized the PS2 hardware and it worked just fine. It just required tweaking for each game which Sony didn't want to do. Either programming visualization for the PS3 is so bad (since programming in general for the PS3 was difficult to begin with) then that's the only reason I can see as to why it won't support it.

The launch models of the ps3 contained the actual hardware of a ps2. This was to allow the use of ps2 games without virtualization or an emulator. They removed this only with a whole bunch of other features as it made the ps3 super expensive to the point where people didn't buy it ( who wants a $600 console). The virtualization you are talking about was removed with the release of the the ps3 slim because of piracy concerns and people using their ps3 as a computer. The ps3 fat had the option to install other os's such as a ps2 emulator and Linux, but they weren't happy about the prospect of someone buying a console they lose money on, not buying it games and just using it as a computer. Also, someone released a hack for the Linux release for the ps3 that removed sony's CPU restrictions and security checks. Sony had to remove the ps2 emulator along with Linux in order to fix this problem