Chrono

The biggest problem xg faces

These types of responses, Loller, are typically the ones that piss me off. Kudos to you for reading it and being able to cite some lines from it........ Without understanding them. You blindly responded to it before actually understanding what is being said. Here is why you are completely ill-informed in your response, by quoting you, (but I will use the whole lines) and responding to it.

Problem? There is a degree of knowledge and responsibility that comes with the acceptance of higher positions. If there's no difference in knowledge (example: coding) between Admins/DMs/DLs, why have different ranks? Why accept to become a DL (if you indeed accepted your position) if you lacked experience in dealing with problems that were likely to arise? And then you grow frustrated when people ask for what is expected from you.

It's not the responsibility of any division leader to fix or develop plugins. The division leader has nothing to give except admin and good luck finding someone who will fix a plugin in exchange for admin privileges. It saddens me to see the CS:GO division in such bad shape but not bad enough to fix the plugins for free. If asked, I would not have supported Chrono for CS:GO div leader and would have opted instead for one of the first group of CS:GO admins who actually went through a proper training program.

:)

It is not the DLs job to know how to code a plugin, nor is it his job to develop a plugin. If there is a plugin available to use, that works, I will gladly put it on. If it does not work, I will not put it on, if they ABSOLUTELY must have the plugin, but know it does not work because of the reason supplied to them numerous times. Why don't they take the initiative to fix the problems with it, or find someone to fix them, so that I can put it on the server.

I can't help but point out how arrogant and completely stupid you are when you say "Problem?"

Nobody seems to mind when (for example) Tree gives meaningless plus-ones. In fact, people seem to laugh and encourage it. "Oh, Tree, you're so incredibly funny with your off-topic posts. Please continue."

Tree gives dumb reasons in his +1 and as such they are an issue, as said before. yes they are funny, we all get a good laugh, but since I am bringing it up that people mindlessly +1 apps, maybe you should go back and look at those, was trees +1 the deciding factor in acceptance? no, infact he was just one of the several +1s putting somebody into membership while most others were legitimate, and as his was not legitimate, it got ignored anyway.

Not everybody has - or wants to kill - that sort of time. Just add the plugin. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. And yes, I saw your post about how it would be difficult to code it to only affect certain maps. However, features like this are what would make our servers stand out from others. I can't help but feel that your opinion on this is swayed by the difficulty of coding.

It is not the DLs job to know how to code a plugin, nor is it his job to develop a plugin. If there is a plugin available to use, that works, I will gladly put it on. If it does not work, I will not put it on, if they ABSOLUTELY must have the plugin, but know it does not work because of the reason supplied to them numerous times. Why don't they take the initiative to fix the problems with it, or find someone to fix them, so that I can put it on the server.

Not always. Ever played on Steam Gamers? They have a timer plugin that activates only at certain points on obstacle course maps.

They have the coding knowledge (and or leader willing to pay for) the development of that plugin, we have neither. stated prior numerous times, start working on it yourself, see if someone you know can help, then talk to me, or sit down shut up and quit crying.

The plugins don't define the community.

BTW, I did not say it makes us the same community, but I said how could we take pride in being a community, if we want our servers to just copy everything on anothers server?

Really? because one of the things I can quote from being in the teamspeak during these discussions where I pointed out why it will not go on was: "_________'s minigames is better because they have this plugin and it is their population getter.

Not sure what you mean here.

This is referring to the completely un-needed and stupid shit found in our jailbreak rules, the rules are all the same, from way back yonder when we were the most popular JB server, and had a full server at almost all times of day. Our rules page was actually rather small, but it kept growing because people lost the ability (not sure if it is just because the "gamer" age is dropping, or because the population is literally making itself stupider with things like facebook.) to use common sense, players knew what was right, what was wrong, and what was fair. Admins did as well, and we didn't have to have a rule made for LITERALLY every single situation possible because we didn't have egotistical faggots coming in and saying that "unless it is in the rules as banned, then I can do it." well maybe if those egotistical faggots, don't worry I include a lot of the current staff (don't think you are not in there loller) took 2 seconds to read the rules, you would see that anything not in the rules is illegal unless given permission by an admin. yet you seemed to have brainwashed the community into thinking the opposite before you managed to weasel your ways into staff, that if it's not in there, then it is fine.

I think the quality of the community (or at least the Jailbreak server) has been pretty static.

You may think that, but you are sorely mistaken, I could get on the jailbreak server on CS:S a while back at ANY time of the day, and there would be atleast 8 people on. even at 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am. PST when normally everyone would be asleep (or you brits would be going about your day)[this is during normal times, on holiday vacations, it would easily be 15-20]. now I get on, and at around 11PM PST, the server on CS:S is completely empty. I wouldn't dare to think that the quality is static, because if the quality of the community were how it used to be, then we would have people on our servers like they used to be instead of playing elsewhere.

Don't worry, I will.

Don't you dare include yourself in that. You are one of the biggest culprits of blind response, as stated above, you may read the responses or the thread, but you don't understand them, and blindly shoot your opinion that you feel is the only opinion that matters, and is absolutely correct. people like you are what pissed me off so much as to make this thread.

It is not the DLs job to know how to code a plugin...

Even if that is true, coding is definitely an asset.

I can't help but point out how arrogant and completely stupid you are when you say "Problem?"

It was a joke, but take it as you will. Besides, there are references to 4chan (and trolling) all over this community.

...and as his [plus-one] was not legitimate, it got ignored anyway.

It may have been ignored by some; it may have been counted by others. Needless to say, there have been invalid member submission acceptances - whether it's due to invalid plus-ones or other rules (like waiting 24 hours before accepting).

They have the coding knowledge (and or leader willing to pay for) the development of that plugin, we have neither. stated prior numerous times, start working on it yourself, see if someone you know can help, then talk to me, or sit down shut up and quit crying.

It's not the community's responsibility as a whole to fix coding problems, although, in a perfect world, everyone could contribute to the solution. It seems like nobody wants to undertake the responsibility for coding. Naturally, eyes fall upon those of higher stature to get these things fixed because they are the ones with more permissions to actually access and look at some of these things in technical detail.

BTW, I did not say it makes us the same community, but I said how could we take pride in being a community, if we want our servers to just copy everything on anothers server?

It seems like you're being....Amish.

Really? because one of the things I can quote from being in the teamspeak during these discussions where I pointed out why it will not go on was: "_________'s minigames is better because they have this plugin and it is their population getter.

Plugins, rules, maps...all of these things supplement the population and style of the server/community. Adding some common plugins won't make me feel prideless at the end of the day.

well maybe if those egotistical faggots...took 2 seconds to read the rules, you would see that anything not in the rules is illegal unless given permission by an admin. yet you seemed to have brainwashed the community into thinking the opposite before you managed to weasel your ways into staff, that if it's not in there, then it is fine.

This can go both ways. "Everything that is not in the rules, is illegal" will have just as many exceptions as "Anything that is not in the rules is fine." There's advantages to both philosophies, and I'm not a sole follower of either one.

...I wouldn't dare to think that the quality is static, because if the quality of the community were how it used to be, then we would have people on our servers like they used to be instead of playing elsewhere.

Maybe. The quality of our servers dropping is one possible reason for the population dropping. There are other possibilities though. Maybe other communities' servers have improved (to be superior to ours), or maybe the population of CSS as a whole is dropping slowly as new games come out.

...You are one of the biggest culprits of blind response, as stated above, you may read the responses or the thread, but you don't understand them, and blindly shoot your opinion that you feel is the only opinion that matters, and is absolutely correct.

"Blind response"? Forums are for discussions. If everyone perfectly understood everything before posting, there would be a lot less things to discuss. I have my opinions, and stand by them. I believe them to be true, but I do not discount the insight gained from others' perspectives.

This can go both ways. "Everything that is not in the rules, is illegal" will have just as many exceptions as "Anything that is not in the rules is fine." There's advantages to both philosophies, and I'm not a sole follower of either one.

Anything that is not in the MOTD is considered illegal unless an Admin says otherwise.

toplel

Plugins, rules, maps...all of these things supplement the population and style of the server/community. Adding some common plugins won't make me feel prideless at the end of the day.

Except then it becomes generic and repetitive. Certain plugins need not be.

Even if that is true, coding is definitely an asset.

Let's see somebody dedicated to code for free. Let me know when you find one. [Hint] You won't.

This thread started with good intentions, then a fuckfest happened. Oh well, nice try Chrono.

The community is the ones that are leaving.

What XGs biggest problem is the supreme surplus of powerful members (PMs, Ms, etc) who arent able to cite rules. If someone doesnt know the rules by heart (JB, Forum, MG, whatever) they shouldnt be given any power to enforce them. Thus you have a bunch of misconceptions over the rules, because different people say different things, thus you get your defintion of a newbie who doesnt KNOW the rules but in reality he has been misinformed, thus you get pissed off people because the moderators dont actually know the rules, thus you have people leaving xG and/or its servers.

Just what ive noticed.

PS. not implying i know the rules, because, i really dont.

#demotehalfofxg2013

I can code.... here's one for this thread:

>default
{
   touch_start(integer total_number) {
       llSay(0,"#closed for bad touch");
   }
}

;)