Chrono

The biggest problem xg faces

What do you think makes xG popular? Because from what im seeing every other server is ranked higher than you guys. Maybe listening to what the community wants is not so bad of an idea. But then again xG's community has made a lot of bad decisions in the past, so I guess its kinda like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Maybe you should read what the plugin is, and then read the reason I provided as to why it does not work, before you stick your nose in something you know absolutely nothing about.

niggers.

as stated previously, i will reiterate it for your post, people blindly blurt out what they think before they actually thought about it, or read the whole posts, because they think what they say is 100% correct, I am guilty of this too on occasion but perhaps reading it would have made you realize how ignorant you sounded prior to posting.

stop bitching over everything, people all left xg because you newfags are fucking it up and making it more of a by the book community instead of what it was, a gaming community

Words of Wisdom right there

I think this thread is funny considering it comes from a community that has a rank plugin on the jailbreak server :P

You ask for some things because you have troubles doing it, so you basically demand that the higher ups give you this that or this.

Problem? There is a degree of knowledge and responsibility that comes with the acceptance of higher positions. If there's no difference in knowledge (example: coding) between Admins/DMs/DLs, why have different ranks? Why accept to become a DL (if you indeed accepted your position) if you lacked experience in dealing with problems that were likely to arise? And then you grow frustrated when people ask for what is expected from you.

You +1 applications and requests just because you want to have a big e-peen with your post count, when really if you sit there and think about it for more than 2 seconds, you would be able to give your +1 a legitimate backing, or realize that there is no legitimate backing to give that thing a +1.

Nobody seems to mind when (for example) Tree gives meaningless plus-ones. In fact, people seem to laugh and encourage it. "Oh, Tree, you're so incredibly funny with your off-topic posts. Please continue."

...where is the fun of being able to just instantly go back to the last part of the map on it when you failed your jump? granted i get very pissed when i die near the end too, but it's what makes those maps special.

Not everybody has - or wants to kill - that sort of time. Just add the plugin. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. And yes, I saw your post about how it would be difficult to code it to only affect certain maps. However, features like this are what would make our servers stand out from others. I can't help but feel that your opinion on this is swayed by the difficulty of coding.

While those [sorts of] plugins work for those servers, it is because they are a smaller community generally based around one server, and that is what they want for them...

Not always. Ever played on Steam Gamers? They have a timer plugin that activates only at certain points on obstacle course maps.

...what kind of community can take pride in their servers when all they are, are clones of other communities servers they already have played on? the only difference between the 2 servers now would be the staff.

The plugins don't define the community.

...[one way to solve certain issues would be to] ask an admin to use that wonderful clause of "things admins deem cheap or unfair [not just locations being camped] that are not specifically stated in the rules are ILLEGAL unless approved by a staff member PRESENT at the time."

Not sure what you mean here.

...people all left xg because you newfags are fucking it up and making it more of a by the book community instead of what it was, a gaming community

I think the quality of the community (or at least the Jailbreak server) has been pretty static.

... for those of you who already do these things, I'm sorry to have clumped you together by using the word "Community" keep up the good work!

Don't worry, I will.