John

Debating permanent bans within CS:S

John, your idea has so many different things that it is way too excessive. Nobody is gonna go look at someones past ban history, then go back to the game and ban them accordingly. I won't do it, and if that becomes the new way don't be expecting me to follow it. And btw, a mass freekill is 3 or more people as many others have said.

In my opinion, it should be as follows:

Mass freekill: 2 week or a month CT ban (im not sure which one...)

Protest: Only allowed to protest if it is in regards to an invalid ban, but other than that they must wait it out if they did it.

Perming someone should only be reserved for DDOS threats and hacking, with no ability to protest.

WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE PERM BANS FOR FREEKILLING. Its useless and we lose a lot of good members to this stupid rule (minecrack, etc). Change the punishment of freekilling, but keep it simple.

Ban suggestion (Just hear me out)[/url]

Was about to link it myself. Check it out for my view on it and other members.

Personally, my opinion is consistency. While the time lengths for bans can be variable and should be discussed, we need to stick with them.

And the general rule for mass freekill has always been 3 freekills. However imo, I don't think that 3 unintentional freekills should be treated as such. ( Although it doesn't often happen). Something like 4 would be better because honestly it's really hard to FUCK that up. Three is even borderline.

However three intentional freekills in a row should be treated as mass.

Statistically anyone who mass freekills and then comes back to the server most likely won't. A prime example is shadow, and terrible example is neteX.

p.s. I want to play CT again on css.

Statistically anyone who mass freekills and then comes back to the server most likely won't. A prime example is shadow, and terrible example is neteX.

p.s. I want to play CT again on css.

When you say most likely won't, I'd assume you're referring back to massing? Which is true and it just seems to make more sense not to perm people for it.

John, your idea has so many different things that it is way too excessive. Nobody is gonna go look at someones past ban history, then go back to the game and ban them accordingly. I won't do it, and if that becomes the new way don't be expecting me to follow it. And btw, a mass freekill is 3 or more people as many others have said.

In my opinion, it should be as follows:

Mass freekill: 2 week or a month CT ban (im not sure which one...)

Protest: Only allowed to protest if it is in regards to an invalid ban, but other than that they must wait it out if they did it.

Perming someone should only be reserved for DDOS threats and hacking, with no ability to protest.

WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE PERM BANS FOR FREEKILLING. Its useless and we lose a lot of good members to this stupid rule (minecrack, etc). Change the punishment of freekilling, but keep it simple.

+1

When i started playing JB, i had no clue what to do for CT. I freekilled over 3 Ts since it ended up being a freeday and i got nervous at how close Ts were so i iced em! After that, i only got a CT ban and admins explained why/rules of server to me so i got used to playing on server as a T. Although i was pretty frustrated at first, this helped me gain knowledge of server.

This being said, I strongly believe first time offenders should atleast get a week or so to learn a lil bit more about server. Repeat offenders.. well, fkem! Give em a month to start off or sum.

The perm ban, when i was admin, was only used for the people that came into server and started MASS freekilling then left which should be the only case where instant perm, ban should be issued! Other then that, talk with the mods admins on n discuss the players fate

+1 to gkoo's post as well. But i also think that the system you have set up as of now, its all that bad. It also seems to be working well? So why the change? Just curious.

You know, i was perma banned when i first joined the server, but that was a freak accident apparently.

But permas are fine the way they are. You give trolls the impression that they can just come back after the ban and troll more (aka mass freekill more) without any permanent consequences. Thus you simply have more mass freekills and more temp bans, and more problems, and more work for mods/admins.