John

Debating permanent bans within CS:S

A lot of people have been talking about the way permanent bans are handled. It's time we discussed this. @@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo @@PiNoYPsYcHo @@HighSociety

I think we should change the permanent ban for freekilling 3 t's. First offense should be a week ct ban, second offense a month ct ban, 3rd offense permanent ct ban. If they freekill 5+ t's then it should immediately be a permanent CT Ban.

Now, I believe the only time anyone should then be allowed to protest a ban is if it was a wrongful ban or they wait at least 2 months at which point they could possibly have only TWO ATTEMPTS at reversing the ban. ALSO, IF they do get unbanned if they are permanently CT banned again it won't be able to be protested.

Now for a permanent server ban, they should have to wait 2 months at the least. Unless it was a wrongful ban. After that 2 months they have only 1 attempt to protest the ban. (Remember permanent server bans are MAINLY for serious matters, but generally for mass freekillers who leave and never return.)

These are just my ideas. I would like to have some community input from everyone. Please don't just -1 or +1 with no reason. I want to hear what you all think on this topic.

First offense should be a week ct ban,

second offense a month ct ban

3rd offense permanent ct ban.

687474703a2f2f6934322e74696e797069632e636f6d2f327337683134772e676966

No, just no. Banning for mass freekilling should stay how it is. There is literally nothing wrong with the system currently in place with mass freekilling, if someone freekills 3+ T's in rapid succession they get a permanent ban, and that's how it should stay. Even if someone 'unintentionally mass'd' (Which is very rare, most of the time mass freekilling is either intentional or involves a lot of T's when unintentional) they should still take the perm ban, but still have the chance of protesting it. If something ain't broke, don't fix it.

Now, I believe the only time anyone should then be allowed to protest a ban is if it was a wrongful ban or they wait at least 2 months at which point they could possibly have only TWO ATTEMPTS at reversing the ban. ALSO, IF they do get unbanned if they are permanently CT banned again it won't be able to be protested.

Two months is a pretty damn long time, I think it should be brought down a little bit, let's put it at 5 weeks, nice and even. I do agree with you on the limited number of ban protests one can make however.

Now for a permanent server ban, they should have to wait 2 months at the least. Unless it was a wrongful ban. After that 2 months they have only 1 attempt to protest the ban. (Remember permanent server bans are MAINLY for serious matters, but generally for mass freekillers who leave and never return.)

The only thing I see here that's different than the current rules is the wait period and the number of protests allowed.

When was Permanent 3 freekills? WHEN?

I see you guys perm people too much. I remember permanent ct ban was that he freekilled about 5-6 guys on purpose. Not by accident. And ONLY if he leaves to try to not get banned then it is a server ban.

Back in my days of being a regular member I would have been permanently banned about 2 times for the way you guys are banned people. lol.

What diabeetus said if we complicate the system to much then it will just become a hassle, but I think we should keep the thing john said about 3 times and your out. Just my thoughts on things, hope I helped.

~Thanks Eden

i think we should give john's system a try and if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out.

are maybe we should put a poll up to see what the people like better

a mass freekill has always been defined as when a CT freekills 3+ within a very short amount of time (usually right in a row). This is always as it has been, and for all the time I've been in xG, this is how I've seen mass freekill defined. If someone just freekills 3 T's (maybe over the length of a couple of rounds) it isn't mass freekilling, and the offending CT will ususally get a day teamban. John's wording in his original paragraph is kinda vague, but I really don't know how you could have missed something like this for so long. This is literally how it has been for a long time.

I see you guys perm people too much. I remember permanent ct ban was that he freekilled about 5-6 guys on purpose. Not by accident. And ONLY if he leaves to try to not get banned then it is a server ban.

Back in my days of being a regular member I would have been permanently banned about 2 times for the way you guys are banned people. lol.

3 Has always been permed, Jihad taught us that as he was taught that.

@@MineCrack IDK if gkoo was around with Jihad(He pretty muched played his part as a Div and a DM, he knew how to handle us well).

3 has pretty much been perm for a long time, though i do +1 the perm for Mass freekilling be moved up to 4 or 5, and 3 kills being a few months or two CT ban( unless disconnecting, then a month or two server ban) BUT people who massed before this for 3 kills should stay permed.

BUT i do -1 the fact that we shouldnt be any more lenient than we are, if you look at the majority of people we permed, they all deserved it, and after they were unbanned (if they were) then they ended up doing stuff again (The BEST example i can give is NeteX).

IT SHOULD BE PERM THE INSTANT THEY KILL 3...

Honestly, this does not need to be a big ass topic. 3 freekills = week ban? wtf?

It's usually intentionally if it's 3. Accidental rarely gets to that because of bullets, etc.