Brian

Great Job

He used a map, so what?

Can we get some people in this thread with an IQ of over 2 digits please

They're here right now.

Sorry m0t, is my simple logic too much? It's a guy freaking out about a map which is technically publicly available.

Your simple logic says that this man, who specifically said NOT to use his maps, that he made, on any other server, should not be mad that silence lied to him, took the maps anyways, and then pissed off this renowned map maker to the point where he no longer works on said maps.

If you think nothing is wrong here, you are a fucking moron :)

Jesus you keep managing to piss everyone off don't you? It's almost like you thrive on conflict and just dont give a fuck what people say. You asked him for permission to use the thread, he said no, you used it anyway. Your justification for that is that because its online you can take it? No wonder people lose respect for you daily. Is it that hard for you to accept someones answer and move on from there?

How about instead of stealing maps for TF2 you work on hub? Or is there no one to steal from so you cant do any "work"?

P.S. Tried to look at the post from 8bit again, but its getting DoS'd. Coincidence? Who knows..

You're jumping to conclusions, as you always do. I never said nothing is in the wrong. Morally Silence is wrong, he lied and used a map he was told not to use after asking the creator. Technically he can use it, 8bit should've read valve's ToS before putting that map up.

Not only did you manage to piss off one of the largest map/model makers in TF2, but now you're in even deeper shit, because he has a ton of connections.

You have no respect for anybody anymore. I already blacklisted all xG servers.

http://www.8bitsandwich.com/content/avoid-clan-xenogamers

Congrats. Now we'll never see another ported map from TF2, and you'll be on a lot of people's shitlist. Including mine.

Well xG deserved it, that's what we get for being retards. Glad I left

You say "we" like you're still a part of XG, then contradict yourself when you mention you left. Wut? o_O

Your simple logic says that this man, who specifically said NOT to use his maps, that he made, on any other server, should not be mad that silence lied to him, took the maps anyways, and then pissed off this renowned map maker to the point where he no longer works on said maps.

I don't see the logic in that Sham. As stated before the guy posted his maps online for the public to use and he then complains that he's being used because they are using his maps without his permission is utterly childish. It's like a kid drawing Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny for his art class and not giving the original creators credit or asking for their permission for making the characters because the kid didn't create them he just drew them.

In fact, Forest said it a lot better; "You can't expect to create or make something amazing and expect that Everyone who has access to it is going to be decent (especially when dealing with it Online, where it's so much easier to get away with). That's just ignorant and naive. There will be people to take it regardless, people who edit it to their liking and etc because they Enjoy the creator's product/map/whatever." -Forest.

I honestly think the guy whats-his-name should've acted more maturely about this situation and labeling everybody in XG as a liar or a thief. I can't take a guy seriously if he labels everybody in a group a bad guy because one person from that group did something that was bad to him.

Yeah, I do agree that the guy was a complete faggot about the issue and should've kept his panties on.

What cannot be overlooked is that silence frequently pisses people off and this fucks a lot of things up.

I never said nothing is in the wrong.

He used a map, so what?

Are you fucking retarded? Seriously?

You're implying things again. It's not a big deal, really. It's a video game.

The guy was already done with the source engine. If you look through his blog history, you can see that he does not like the TF2 community and he cancelled his server in May, and said he's completely done with the source engine. Either he was lying about that and my actions finalized his commitment to leave, or he's just saying stuff to make my actions look more brutal.