Prius

Huge Problem in CS:S Jailbreak.

Hey guys,

I've come here to address a problem I've notice within the Counter-Strike: Source Jailbreak Server. It has come a big problem in my opinion, it ruins the gameplay.

When there is a Warden, you basically get 10 seconds to say whatever you have to say. Then everyone starts saying stupid shit that blocks out whatever you have to say. If you say something, with no one hearing you - admins slay you declaring it is your fault - which I also think is very unorthodox. I believe there was some sort of ruling in which you must ask (first off) what happened. If it warrants a slay, then you can do such.

I believe that what should be implemented @@Rhododendron is some sort of 30 Second Mute System implemented on both T's and CT's. When Warden is claimed, Guards (except Warden) and Prisoners are muted. It would allow the ability to give orders without being constantly spoken over, which I believe would be amazing. I also believe it would be a great addition to TF2 Jailbreak aswell @@Rise.

Discuss.

@@MrAwesome104 I know, however since I've been on jailbreak for about 2 months now - I've yet to see ANY admin mute/slay anyone talking over warden, so my suggestion is still valid.

@@MrAwesome104 I know, however since I've been on jailbreak for about 2 months now - I've yet to see ANY admin mute/slay anyone talking over warden, so my suggestion is still valid.

I've seen it plenty of times, but they dont do it just randomly.. they do it only when warden says not to speak over him or be slayed/muted... and they dont slay Ts for doing it, because Ts can do it as a form of rebeling.

Also, Ts are already muted for a (minute?) and CTs do get muted for a couple seconds when someone becomes warden.... you can even see it say so in the chat.

@@Matsi - Well you must live in a different universe, I've said it - and yet to see anything.

And guards aren't muted, really. It must be a glitch.

1. TF2 jailbreak is for casuals, fuck that shit.

2. Simply say "Talk over warden get muted" Admins on the server will be happy to oblige.

3. @@Rhododendron has better things going on *cough*HUB*cough* than this.

@@Matsi - Well you must live in a different universe, I've said it - and yet to see anything.

And guards aren't muted, really. It must be a glitch.

they do... if you listen at the start of the round when multiple CTs talk... a bunch will get suddenly cut off because they get muted for like 2 seconds...

After saying "talk over warden muted/slayed" if someone is constantly talking over you and not trying to not talk over you... say over the mic "please slay *so and so* for talking over warden" or tell the person to slay themselves for talking over you.

As everyone else has said, these are already in place. When warden is assigned, CT's are muted for 3 or 5 seconds (I don't remember which). T's are not allowed to talk until 6:30.

Saying talk over warden slay/mute does not mean that we are going to do something the second someone talks over you. Many incidents are an accident, and plus you need some common sense in this case. If someone is yelling something constantly over you, they will be taken care of. But a single sentence will not constitute a slay or mute. It is rare that it is an issue, it may be annoying at times, but you gotta have control over your T's.

I have.

It's one of the loosely enforced rules we have, reason being is that we would have many disgruntled players and may even reduce our population on Jailbreak if we were to be strict when dealing with that sort of thing.

In most cases, Warden will say "Talk over Warden and you're a rebel or will be muted" in which case the chatter will 80% of the time tone down. The other 15% will be Terrorists still talking who will be dealt with shortly (killed), and the remaining 5% are the CTs who are literally mic spamming to the point where we have to mute them. Seldom does this case happen, but when it does I assure you we do mute them.

How it works is simply this; if we (Staff Members) can't hear the Warden's orders, then it will be dealt with via warning/mute/slay. If we can hear the Warden's orders, whereas other players can't, then in most cases we'll warn talking CTs via Admin (All) Chat. There's no full-proof way for us to completely enforce this rule, as technically speaking, we have no MoTD rule regarding talking over Warden (with the exception of Terrorists who are mic spamming while undetectable by CTs).

All in all, we try our best to enforce it, but it won't ever be perfect. Implementing a longer time for players to be muted will result in a loss of quick communication which may or may not mean certain death for CTs and perhaps even Ts. It'll only hurt the server more then it will fix it. -1 for any sort of extended time

- Dat guy, Forest

Prius This is a stupid plugin! I am a ex Mod, and we did mute even if the warden didnt ask and they still do. T's can't for talk for 90 seconds anyway so nothing there. You dont know rules yet, You do fr/lr one round, then the next,and so on. Read rules before you in other words say mods+ dont do their Job.

@@Prius i am on the cs:s jailbreak server A LOT, i am yet to see you pop in for one second, ever. Also, your plugin idea SUCKS, ts are alrady muted for 90 secs at begining

@@Superkiller67 First off, Let me start with your response. I don't see the meaning for blunt disrespect rather then saying you disagree with my idea. In no way should you respond with the rude response you did. I will leave it like that, so it doesn't escalate to anything else. And congratulations, you're an Ex-Mod, Like seriously, I'm proud of you.

@@Forest I like you mang. I do. I really like you. That is the response that really makes the difference in most cases, and I do ever so appreciate it. And I guess what you said makes sense. However I do still believe in an extended mute on CT, long enough for first half of the orders to be said by the warden.

@@Kirito If you've yet to ever see me in Jailbreak, then I don't know what universe you live in. I play Jailbreak at least an hour everyday I am on my Computer, so if you never see me - I don't know what response to give to you. As for my Plugin Suggestion (Not an IDEA), If you didn't take the moment to read through the thread I posted entirely - let me clarify on my statement in this response. In my thread, My suggestion is strictly pointed at the CT's, as the CT's are the problem I believe I see in Jailbreak. If anything, I was trying to help the case of the Terrorists in them being muted for 30 seconds at the beginning of the round.

All and all, as for this thread - I request it be closed. As it seems a simple suggestion cannot be made without everyone flipping shit at my suggestion. And from Kirito's Response it seems as if they would not even like to read the thread entirely then trying to start a rant rather then simply reading the suggestion fully, then posting a respective response.

Kid, the cts arn't the problem, it's you. and have you ever said "TALK OVER WARDEN YOU WILL BE MUTED/SLAYED"? I have never seen you on, ever, and i'm on for fucking 6 hrs a day at least.

Oh and sorry my internet crashed when i was typeing my first post in this thread it was supposed to have more.