Brian

Server Input/Ideas [Han Yolo]

Trade Servers

Often considered to be the pinnacle of the xG, this server could use a few more things. Here I present just a few ideas on how this could be improved.

1. Add spawn protection

This is needed dearly, as too often have I been spawn-camped by some Beggar's Bazooka soldier, or some spawn sniping from the top of the pokemon tower. This could be only 5 seconds, maybe to give a fighting change against those idiots. Which brings me to my next point.

2. Add a simple !rules

The !motd is ugly. It's off-center if you're not playing at 1080p, the scroll wheel is awkward to use, and it causes lag on lower end computers, especially on ones like mine. With the simple one, it's right in game, requires virtually no load time, provides a basic understand, and also allows for further in-depth explanations, but it looks more organized. Maybe even add of of those
[i agree]
spots when a person enters a server.

3. Add gifts [Possible RTD Replacement]

This plugin would be fun, as it rewards players for actually killing others, instead of mindlessly spamming rtd in chat. I think it's much more of a risk, and personally would be very fun to use. I've used it before, but had to remove do to creative differences.

4. Add donator functions

Some simple donator functions would be a refreshing take on the servers, and generate some income, for reasonably decent prices. 5$ a month could give you some features, such as Powerplay, higher RTD/Gift chance, Godmode that does no damage to others. It could cost a mere 5 dollars, or 4 keys, a month. The keys could be sold cheaply to SourceOP, and help bring in more players as well.

Saxton Hale / Freak Fortress Server

XenoGamers used to have one of the greatest Freak Fortress / Saxton Hale servers. After a certain update, though, it continually crashed, and was rendered unusable. It was attempted to be brought back one time, but many were on vacation, or had school to attend, or simply lost interest. That, and much of the original content was missing. I have a feeling that right now, this summer, is now a better time than ever to start up a new Freak Fortress Server, but this time with greater and better bosses. Maybe add all the features, except being able to choose your hale, because that ruins the fun.

That point asside, I for one want one. In fact, a few days ago, one was even attempted to be set up, but lack of knowledge in TF2 prevented it from becoming a reality. Being easy to populate, New members, and Community involvement are what Freak Fortress is. That, and it's addicting.

Really, really addicting.

Payload

Why is payload sitting there, taking up space? Because, it's broken. The map voting hasn't been working in while. I bet if you could fix that, it would be populated non-stop. Maybe add a few kicks here in there, but attempt to keep it as vanilla as possible. Maybe add a !robot or Model Manager for donators, but the server is entirely made of Payload. It has a ton of custom maps, which bring in new ideas, and are always fun to play. It's almost sad to see it be such as waste.

Maybe organize a few nights a week where you actually attempt to populate, not join for 15 minutes, get bored, then leave. That's called minimal effort. I'm talking about playing for a decent 3-4 hours, getting a huge part of community involvement, and watch the players roll in.

Just some ideas.

I agree with most of your points, except for the one about gifts. What kind of gifts are you considering? People already get rewarded with points for killing other players, and there used to be a !hub where you can use those points for trails and DJ rights and stuff. So long as hub will be back one day, doesn't matter when, rtd should stay in, as people like it. (mainly for noclip to get to skybox)

+1 like it, but they should also add !votekick , !votemute and !votegag that would be cool

Did that in the past, abused horribly and no real way around it.

There's one that required a certain number of people to complain. It wasn't instant like the majority of them, but instead said [1 vote, 23 needed] or something. It was pretty good, and wasn't abused that much anyway. Maybe just votemute would be nice, since all you really need is chat.

I play on the Pokemon server all the time.

I agree with all of that.

The spawn camping gets ridiculous at times. No one should be able to shoot into or out of a spawn point either.

There should be a "friendly invulnerability" feature as well. But it would be a "They can't kill or be killed" type thing. When someone just wants to check out the map, or DJ, or just trade and relax from competitive play... They are constantly getting murked, even in their own spawn.

There should also be a at least a votekick! feature for those who have unreasonably high ping lagging the already laggy server.