MrAwesome104

Give us back PermBans

Give Mods back perm?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Give Mods back perm?

So today we found a person who was bhop scripts on jailbreak today, @@xShadowSpyx @@GanjaMonster @@speedlimit56 we realized that we cant do perm bans @@DarkWolf6052 Why take away perm bans and only let admins perm. Cause the mods are more active than the admins. Also, we have less admin than mods. So the point is give mods back perm.

Why this was taken away from us is beyond me. Why differentiate us from that? If you wanna make admins & mods have big power differences, take away PM or @@@ from mods or something. Don't take away a necessary function that we have to use in certain situations! +1

+1, most of the mods have been real active (i've been sports and having a life) but as shown above what if this case happens (which it did) aslong as mods don't abuse it i dont see a problem *i also just woke up and was linked to this so sorry if my thoughts are not written out right*

+1. Even if there were more admins than mods, and the admins were much more active than the mods, it still makes no sense to take away a mod's ability to perm ban someone if necessary. I don't understand how anyone thought that this was a good idea.

im going to assume the server was set up the same way the CSGO server was set up. Mods never have been able to perm someone who is currently in the server. Though, they can use ban disconnected players to permanently ban. If you truly need to perm someone, kick them and then perm them with ban disconnected players.

If you don't have access to perm...

1. Gather proof
  2. Ban for a week
  3. Make a ban request on the forum so that the grown ups can decided whether or not to make the ban perm
  4. ?
  5. Profit
  6. QQ less

Not sure wtf you are talking about tho, I have access to perm... LOL, I have permed several Mass Freekillers

+1 I don't see a real good reason to not let them have it. Didn't know about that "Ban disconnected players" trick either. :o

Just let them do it and we're all good, everything will be easier (sort of) for everyone then.

:afro::afro::afro::afro:

Edited by Rhododendron (see edit history)

Although scripters/hackers aren't common, it would be nice to have access to perm so we can deal with them when they arrive. Considering there is almost always more than a single mod/admin on the server, we can all vouch and provide evidence for our reason to perm ban someone. If anything else I'd just perm for like 999999999999999 minutes (but that isn't practical).

TL: DR (for megafagin)

Give us perms pls.

Although scripters/hackers aren't common, it would be nice to have access to perm so we can deal with them when they arrive. Considering there is almost always more than a single mod/admin on the server, we can all vouch and provide evidence for our reason to perm ban someone. If anything else I'd just perm for like 999999999999999 minutes (but that isn't practical).

TL: DR (for megafagin)

Give us perms pls.

Banning for a huge amount of time causes the ban not to work. I'm not sure why though.

Currently the process was pretty much to either:

A. Kick them and ban from disconnected players menu.

or

B. Ban them for a week and have a higher up lengthen the ban.

+1 to give mods back the permanent banning ability directly from the server.

+1 Perms are nice to be able to use, as long as people don't caboose with them.

Banning for a huge amount of time causes the ban not to work. I'm not sure why though.

2,147,483,647 is the max number in a 32 bit system, so if you exceed that, it breaks things.