LastGame

Why Does This Division Die All Of The Time?

Is there a curse on gmod? We have gone through 4 or (3) if fuzz counted and the server would be big and huge at first when we get the new leaders but then it slowly dies. Why is that? All people would say is when is darkrp coming up when is darkrp coming up! Then when it came up after 3 weeks almost everyone went away why is this?

DarkRP was new, so everyone wanted to get in on the new game everyone played, after they were all playing it so much, they got bored. I've played on other RP servers before(and was super admin on 1 like 4 years ago), and they offer more stuff than xG's did(Not that I didn't like playing it with some friends).

It's something new.

If other people played still, i would have no problem playing like 5 hours a day, actually.

I guess other people got bored playing for that 5(sometimes 10) hours a day, it was our own little hub for a while..

Pretty much we get bored of whatever game we've been playing for the longest time - Dark RP comes back - Everyone goes to play it - 3 weeks later those people get bored - 4th week Gmod died again. It's pretty much a cycle of Death and Rebirth that takes about 2 -3 months to come full circle

It doesn't die. people had things come up (thanksgiving break) etc and they leave for a bit, others get bored since their friends are gone, and play other games. others just complain about it being "dead" and don't actively populate it themself.

Don't give the whole "their on break excuse because if your on break then you are able to play games more. And didn't this happen to csgo? People just stopped caring and went on to other servers?

Don't give the whole "their on break excuse because if your on break then you are able to play games more. And didn't this happen to csgo? People just stopped caring and went on to other servers?

they're on break doesn't mean they play games more. when I am on break from school my family goes on vacation. there is no internet. the world does not revolve around games or xg, life is always more important and they will live their lives. yes this is exactly what happened to csgo people got bored and or left for a bit, and they went elsewhere and nobody went back to it. there is a cycle that can only be fixed if you and your friends complaining do more than complain, you have to populate before your complaint is valid.

Like every other Player, Member or Ex-Member posting a thread regarding this exact same thing, regardless of the Division, complaining won't solve anything. I'm sorry to say, but the problem is the lack of initiative to populate it yourself (to anyone in general, not you specifically). Like Chrono perfectly said, throwing complaints left right and center won't help. Most of us have a life and can't just cater to xG specifically all day, every day. Get a group of friends to make an arrangement to be on the Server at certain times of the day for the next few weeks or even couple of months.

The only "curse" here is the lack of determination to make a change. Again, like Chrono said, it's a vicious cycle of no friends being on, boredom, and shortly afterward the pursuit of another game to fill that empty void.

Chrono I have tried to popluate ttt alot and I gave up after awhile. Im just suprised is how something that is so hyped about or inflated like a ballon then after awhile the ballon deflates then it will just inflate again. And I dont have a life.

Chrono I have tried to popluate ttt alot and I gave up after awhile. Im just suprised is how something that is so hyped about or inflated like a ballon then after awhile the ballon deflates then it will just inflate again. And I dont have a life.

believe me, I tried to keep csgo populated, but you can't do it alone. others need to help, invite friends. I have a life, so I am not on all the time. otherwise I would help populate the fun servers like ttt and darkrp.

Like every other Player, Member or Ex-Member posting a thread regarding this exact same thing, regardless of the Division, complaining won't solve anything. I'm sorry to say, but the problem is the lack of initiative to populate it yourself (to anyone in general, not you specifically). Like Chrono perfectly said, throwing complaints left right and center won't help. Most of us have a life and can't just cater to xG specifically all day, every day. Get a group of friends to make an arrangement to be on the Server at certain times of the day for the next few weeks or even couple of months.

The only "curse" here is the lack of determination to make a change. Again, like Chrono said, it's a vicious cycle of no friends being on, boredom, and shortly afterward the pursuit of another game to fill that empty void.

tl;dr basically hes trying to say, stop typing and do something about it.

I'm guessing, just like GMOD, the hellish development cycles have something to do with that, as well as most of the community getting bored way too quickly and moving onto another project.

I would like to have someone dedicated to this vicious cycle, but I'm not sure that person has made themselves aware to us yet :(