Ghoststalker1342 - Counter-strike: Source

Division:

Counter-Strike: Source

In-Game Name:

Ghoststalker1342

Steam ID:

Ghoststalker1325

Information:

I was banned a week or so ago from being Counter-Terrorists on the Jailbreak server. I had just joined the game and didn't understand how to play it, and just killed the Terrorists. I now understand how the game works for both sides and would like to be unbanned from being a Counter-Terrorist.

Fix you steam id.... it should be STEAM_0:0:84649389

You were banned by @speedlimit56kb for what I would assume is mass freekilling. I would say you should have read to motd, although I just found out there is a good chance there was nothing to tell you to look at it.

@Tsuchikure you need to figure out a way to let people joining know that there is, and that they need to view, the motd. Its not fair if they have no idea about it.

Now.. people are gonna say you shouldnt have gone CT if you didnt know the rules (remember, nothing saying there was an motd or pointing him/her to rules) or that you should have realized that the other CTs werent killing everyone (although being new... it is kind of confusing, you could have asked someone about how to play/rules).

With that being said, I think that its not fair to issue a permanent ban due to our oversight and not making it clear that there is a set of rules for people to read. Although, ignorance does not eliminate all the wrong here either. I would be okay with reducing it to a 2 week CT ban.

As a side note to others, this is not going to be a reason that people can mass and get away with it. We will try and deal with it ASAP, but anyone found purposely using this as an exploit will be banned immediately.

@DrLee

Auch: Xeno Gamers

+1 for 2 week ct ban, the advertisements took over the motd pop up so now its even harder for them to view it, there is a link for xG forum in chat pops up every now and then during the round. Maybe we should make that stand out a bit more so people can see it and inform the simple commands like "!motd, etc" and motd links for the certain servers. @DrLee @Hidingmaster @Tsuchikure

+1 for 2 week ct ban, the advertisements took over the motd pop up so now its even harder for them to view it, there is a link for xG forum in chat pops up every now and then during the round. Maybe we should make that stand out a bit more so people can see it and inform the simple commands like "!motd, etc" and motd links for the certain servers. @DrLee @Hidingmaster @Tsuchikure

+1, This

Even though i did tell you to get off ct and go t so you can read the motd by typing !motd you didn't do it; now that being said, i understand how you feel, you just join jb for the first time and you started killing terrorist left to right. I would know how that feels because I as well did the same exact thing when i first joined css. I did ban you myself, but since you are new and i know what it's like to be in that position of being confused in what to do, i will personally +1 to reduce you're ban to 2 weeks.

Maybe we should make that stand out a bit more so people can see it and inform the simple commands like "!motd, etc" and motd links for the certain servers. @DrLee @Hidingmaster @Tsuchikure

@Tsuchikure you should add a plugin where in green in chat for everyone to see will say "Type !motd to read the rules!".

I'm fine with the unban, but here...

Auto Message Displayer (Advertiser) - AlliedModders This will automatically send a message to all players every x seconds either linking them to the forums or saying "Type !motd to learn our rules" or whatever. @Tsuchikure @Hidingmaster

Or if you can't read last edits Advertisements 0.6 (Updated 2013/03/08) - AlliedModders That's another one.

We're pretty much all in agreement, I'll unban momentary and add an additional 2 week CT ban. #Closed

Also, @Hidingmaster, not sure if my SB is messing up, but I can't unban him for some reason.