FacepalmMute

Your Most Favorite Games

As title says, post your most favorite games here. I'll start since I'm the OP.

Super Metroid (SNES)

aimg4.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130112111406_metroid_images_f_f43787b4c5ff90b05ff865f5fd9f22b3d.jpg.a6fbb827f7835d4075affa84af790677.jpg

I'll admit, I actually missed out on this game during my childhood. I played it last year and beat it within a week. But it was probably one of the most fun experiences I had playing video games in a while. It was a real treat. The atmosphere of this game is eerie and creepy, especially in areas where there are no enemies. The gameplay is still solid, and it holds up very well today. Its definitely a game I recommend you have to at least give a shot in your lifetime.

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening (PS2, PC, Xbox 360, PS3)

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_7_76_Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg.80b9b99abbd2b7c7e4b35d2415a33a58.jpg

This game encapsulates what I love about video games. An over-the-top and challenging action game. It's so CUHRAYZEE (+1 to you if you know what I mean) If you haven't played it yet, its basically a modern beat-em-up with a scoring system that grades you on your originality and "style" on how you play. The less repetitive and more stylish you are in taking down your enemies, the higher your score gets and the better you are graded. At a glace, this game looks a bit button-mashy, but it has much more depth in its gameplay. Definitely the definitive game to get yourself started in stylish action games. If you don't have a PS2 but have a PS3 or 360, I recommend getting the DMC HD Collection. Avoid DmC: Devil May Cry and proceed Devil May Cry 2 with caution. DmC is a bit too easy compared to DMC 3, 4 and the original and butchers Dante's character and story more than DMC 2 did. Thankfully its only an alternate universe game. DMC 2 is the dark child of the original series, but if you want to try it out, go ahead.

Dark Souls (PS3, 360, PC)

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_archive_8_8d_20120918035710_Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg.f1aaf1357b25513dcbb33391d2664f85.jpg

Prepare To Die! This is one of the most satisfying games of the last gen. A somewhat open-ended action RPG made by From Software, the guys who made the Armored Core and Kings Field series. Dark Souls is the spiritual sequel to Demons Souls for PS3 and is one of the most challenging games I've played. The game has some open-endedness from the start, allowing you to go to different areas off the bat, some too powerful for you if you have no clue what the hell you're doing. This is a game where you definitely need to learn from your mistakes, because almost every time you die, it will be your fault (some technical exceptions apply). However, if you do well, the game definitely rewards you for pulling through. The enemies and bosses in this game are definitely unique and memorable. If I had to describe this game with a comparison, this is what a 3D Castlevania game should be. Not the recent "Metroidvania" style games. I'm talking the original Castlevania 1 and 3 for the NES.

I'll update my post later with more games

on console I like

Disney Infinity (PS3)

Just Dance 2014 (Wii)

Mario Party 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (Wii)

Cooking Mama: World Kitchen (Wii)

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Wii)

Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city (Wii)

Chu Chu Rocket (Dreamcast)

Shenmue I and II (Dreamcast)

Donkey Kong Country and sequels (Wii)

Super Mario 64 (N64)

Thats just a few I can think of I guess.

Xbox 360:

All Need for SPeed games

Call of Duty

Saints Row 1-3

GTA 5

PS3

GTA 4

Far Cry 3

Deadisland

I don't play Wii because mine broke and can't afford to buy another one.

Resident evil (Original, three, zero, and four)

I'll write more about it later when I'm on my PC. Though I can say The Resident evil series really did get me into the horror genre, and even gaming as a whole. :)

image.jpg.84225ad66c92d2a3be448ad3d276f5cd.jpg

Crash bandicoot warped was one of my favorite games. I also liked all of the Pokemon games on the game boy and crap. Pokemon mystery dungeon red and blue teams were baller. I pretty much grew up playing Nintendo games and games for the play stations

PS3

Dark Souls

Skyrim

Xcom Enemy unknown/unidentified

Bleach (anigay)

PC

CS:S

Civ 5

Killing Floor

Half Life 2

Leauge of Legends

DOTA13 (@Yu_Narukami @Tsuchikure )

Vectors Analy Butt Hurt Adventues 2k14 @Vector

MegaRobin's sisconnery adventures 2k14 v.9

more to come when i get home

Super Mario World

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

A Link to the Past

Pokemon Gen 5

Kirby Return to Dreamland

Jet Set Radio

Cave Story

Kirby 64

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

All the Donkey Kong Countries (64 doesn't count)

Fortune Street

Resident Evil 4

Sonic Colors

Ikaruga (Dreamcast, GCN, 360, PC)

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_c_c7_Ikaruga_cover_DC.jpg.295831e3bb596553a0a9a44ec2b94dbd.jpg

This is the game that got me into SHMUPS. For those who don't know, SHMUP is an abbreviation of "shoot 'em up", but specifically, SHMUP refers to the horizontal and vertical scrolling shooter subgenre of shoot 'em ups. SHMUPS are pretty damn niche, but I still love them dearly. Ikaruga features a unique mechanic that allows you to switch the polarity of your ship, allowing you to be invulerable to certain enemy fire. It's a really fun game and if you ever decide to give SHMUPS a try, play this. Definitely a good way to get started in them.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3)

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_5_5a_MGL_cover_art.jpg.3a7e5ce46ce04217ec11bf7b9e26facf.jpg

I'll just start off by saying this is my most favorite video game series of all time. I've spent countless hours on each game. I'm pretty sure it surpasses my time on GMod and TF2. Anyways I put this here instead of a specific release because this is the definitive Metal Gear Solid experience. Not only do you get MGS 1-4 AND Peace Walker, you also get VR Missions and Metal Gear 1 and 2. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was never released in the US officially until the release of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. Each game in the series is great and always manages to improve on its gameplay or introduce unique mechanics. The definitive stealth game series.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_3_3b_Metal_Gear_Rising_Revengeance_box_artwork.jpg.54cb4aa7e9d020b3454995baa2334169.jpg

I've seen people hate on this entry in the series because "it d-doesn't play like a Metal Gear S-Solid g-game...!" NO SHIT, STOOPID. IT'S METAL GEAR RISING, NOT METAL GEAR SOLID. Its aim isn't to be another stealth game. Even Kojima said that the point of this spin-off was to capture Raiden's cyborg ninja action from MGS4 into a playable format, and this game did it perfectly. And not only that, it's consider canon by Kojima himself. So cry more, MGS elitist fanboy. Ranting aside, this is a great modern action game. I don't like to use the term "hack 'n slash" to refer to games like these because that term is historically used to refer to games like Diablo and Torchlight. Anyways controls are great, its a pretty challenging game, especially at later difficulties, and YOU GET TO CHOP UP YOUR ENEMIES AND RIP THEIR FUCKING SPINES OUT. FUCK YEAH. CUHRAYZEE. B/

this is probably gonna be my last post, but i'll update this one when i don't feel lazy to add the rest of my games

expect Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, Killer Instinct, and Kingdom Hearts.

all pokemon games prefer gen 1 and 2 (orignal red and silver)

borderlands 2 (only own 2)

all legend of zeldas (oot was my first video game)

all kingdom hearts (prefer days)

TF2

Metal gear solid legcy edition

super mario 64

ff 1, 2, 7,9,12,13 (kefka sucks imo)

all assasin creeds

discworld 1 and 2 (hard as shit)

Gmod

mario franchise (dont know all off top of head)

ect.

XBOX

- Skyrim

- Gears of War 1, 2, & 3

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, MW2, and Black Ops II

- Mortal Kombat 9

- Borderlands 2

- Halo 1, 2, 3, 3:ODST, Reach, & 4

- Minecraft

- Any and all of the Assassin's Creed games

- Payday 2

- Super Amazing Wagon Adventure (indie game :p)

- Prototype 1 & 2

- Dishonored (still haven't beaten, hard as balls)

- Peggle, obv

- all 3 Rock Bands (I'll get a better score than you on anything but the mic, fuck singing)

- any and all Worms games

PC

- Titanfall

- Team Fortress 2

- Counter Strike 1.6, Source

- Supreme Commander 1 & 2

- Goat Simulator

- Day of Defeat, & DoD Source

- Warframe

- Sniper Elite V2

- League of Legends, obv as well

- Alien Swarm

The Bioshock Series

The Portal Series

The Legend of Zelda series

Cave Story

Arkham City and asylum

The Super Smash bros series

Gens 3 and 6 of Pokemon

Borderlands 2

Grand Theft Auto Vice City and 5

Fire Emblem Awakening

Hotline Miami

Nintendo consoles:

Super Smash Bros Brawl (WII)

Phoenix Wright (Series) (DS)

Miles Edgeworth (Series) (DS)

All pokémon games

Mario Golf World Tour (Sharrap, then only game I played when I was younger was the prequel to that) (3DS)

Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Mario Kart Wii (WII) (Damn I was amazing at that game)

FIFA 2005 OH YEAH

PC:

The Sims 3

Nancy Drew (Series)

The Sims 1

TF2

Garry's Mod

Minecraft

TMNT Out of the shadows

Xbox: (No. I'm not one of those people that think that xbox is way better than PS3)

GTA V

Minecraft

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

The Orange Box

c0d gh05t5 cu5 1m 4 fg1t

Halo 4 (With friends on @FoRgE (You're a gamemode)